Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ok I have just had a phone call from Lexus Stoke after my moan about the mirror. They have informed me that Lexus have acknowledged a fault in the design of the Mirror and as of last week a new design is available and they have ordered one for me which will be fitted next week :unsure: Service is going to ring me tomorrow to arrange a collection/car for me whilst they do the swop, they will also look at the windscreen chip whilst its there. I will keep you posted.

Debi

phoned the garage, they did not know about the new mirror, when i collected my car today they informed me that yes there is a new one, but now having to back order. take it other garages have snapped them up. so just have to wait for them to call me when it turns up.

Gave it a good run today , stereo loud, no vibration :whistling: ,will reserve judgement until after a motorway drive, but it does seem quite solid, may be worth contacting your local dealer if you have a vibration and get them to order you one. Also whatever they did regarding the fuel consuption it has gone up from an average of 27.7 to 33.6 around town :huh:

Debi

I'll let you all go first, and wait for the next batch :lol:

I'd gotten used to it...drove a company Pug this week and realised just how bad the Lexus mirror is

It's amazing how you really can't tell whether it is a car, van, SUV or police car behind you when you're on the motorway with a bassy tune at high power...the mirror becomes useless...

It's amazing how you really can't tell whether it is a car, van, SUV or police car behind you when you're on the motorway with a bassy tune at high power...the mirror becomes useless...

Is this just a fault with the 220D 'cos I don't have a problem with mine on the 250 SE-L, even with the ML on high volume. Surely the mirror design is the same?? The IS 220D courtesy car I drove certainly suffered from a vibrating mirror, as I couldn't see what was in the distance behind me even with all the ICE turned off.

Is this just a fault with the 220D 'cos I don't have a problem with mine on the 250 SE-L, even with the ML on high volume. Surely the mirror design is the same?? The IS 220D courtesy car I drove certainly suffered from a vibrating mirror, as I couldn't see what was in the distance behind me even with all the ICE turned off.

Across them all fella. Maybe they got to yours when you were asleep or something :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

Mine went into Lexus today, after 20 minutes problem fixed! Its only taken 15 months to sort out! No vibration when the tunes on the CD are playing loud or when the car is in 6th gear, I suppose I will miss playing the game whilst driving to work each morning, trying to make out what is coming up behind me!

It's only a diesel problem caused by excessive vibration from the engine when labouring in 6th gear off boost where there is not much torque - i.e below 2k rpm.

This is due to inappropriate gearing.

That is so the co2 emmissions are competitive.

Engine produces very little torque off boost because it has a VERY low compression ration of 15:1 where diesels are normally in excess of 20:1.

This is so they can use an all alluminium engine block which is almost unheard of in diesel circles.

Did you know the gearbox is lifted from the American Toyota Tundra pick up truck, as it was the only transmission available to them that was rear wheel drive, would take the diesel stress loads and would fit in the car.

Yes, that's why the gear change is as refined and positive as a pick up truck.

hey... THE MOLE is back :lol:

do you know (detailed informations) about the "...rear diff mount..." upgrade/change for the IS220d (for less vibrations in the 6th gear)?

There is a fix... but i havn´t no further infos about it :duh:

What´s the service-number and the difference?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links