Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil Pressure Problrm?

toyoman

Hi all,

i was using 10w-40 havoline for 45000 kms and for 2nd time the oil pump is pushing out the oil seal. That happens at highway speed not is town. Is it excessive oil presure or what? pls help.

Going to try 10w30 morris for less miles between oil changes.

Many thanks...

I'm talking about the oil seal that's behind the oil pumb gear being driven by the timing belt.

When the old seal (factory) was removed there was no sigh of of any type of adhesive/sealant being used. besides the pressure is so great which is actually grinding the inner of the timing belt gear, so no sealand or locktight will be ever possible to hold it.

would check if the relief valve is stuck... and what is grinding against the pulley - i didnt understand that bit.

to confirm correct oil pressure, remove oil pressure swith at idle oil pressure should be 7 psi or more at 3000 RPM should be 41 - 64 psi

ok. oil seal actually is being build on a metallic ring. After the rubber cover of seal is going away the metallic ring is grinfing the inner side of the oil pump gear (driven by timing belt)

will check oil pressure...but again the ? remains why there is more than enough pressure? relief valve is there to assist with excessive oil pressure. ok maybe thee are 2 probs. excessive oil presure and stuck relief valve...

ok. tomorrow will replac the oil seal again and place a new timing belt. Now i'm trying 10w-30 and will see...

Thanks anyway.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links