Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Two Are Better Than Four

afreemason

Not content with upsetting the GM of LOC you insult 98% of the membership as well :lol:

I got 3 bikes in the garage ranging from 1957 to 1978 in age and they are all "fun" to ride. A big lump like that is quick in a straight line but can you do a "rock step" on it?

Only 98% ......... Sorry, I must be slipping :shutit: :whistling: :winky:

"Rock Step" enducate me please sir :unsure: The answer though is probably not ....... anyway ........ did you describe my little viffer as a big lump :unsure: If you did I think I like you :winky:

What bikes have you got then, now I'm currious ????

B een thinking about buying a R1200 GS Adventure recently - but even 2nd prices are so close to new....

The Black bird doesn't seem to old it's price well but the R1200 is kinda in a class of it's own really and not comparable to the Blackbird. And it's shaft driven which I guess would be an advantage.

HUMAN ERROR - behave mate :lol::lol::lol: ....... no bloody engine !!!!!!

"Rock Step" enducate me please sir :unsure: The answer though is probably not .......

800x600_exact-lampkin5.jpg

What bikes have you got then, now I'm currious ????

I have a 57' Matchless G3LCT (350 single), 78' Yamaha TY (Trials), 79' Honda 550-4 oh and I nearly forgot a Royal Enfield Crusader in a box of bits.

Oh Rock Steps ...... yeah ..... the all purpose viffer can do those no problem ..... You've seen the Herbie films .... well ......

Yeah right ....... I wouldn't know where to start !!!!!!

Sounds like you've got a nice garage there to keep you occupied ....... any plans to put the enfield back together ?

I'd luv a bike aswell ... for me it would be a ducati all the way!

Nice bikes but not something you'd use as a daily commute though ....... and those dry clutches are somewhat of an aquired taste when it comes to living with them !!!!!! BUt I agree ..... the 999 replacement is a seriously good looking bit of kit ..... but I actually liked the 999 with it's strange headlights.

I have a 57' Matchless G3LCT (350 single), 78' Yamaha TY (Trials), 79' Honda 550-4 oh and I nearly forgot a Royal Enfield Crusader in a box of bits.

Ah that brings me back a bit :)

My first real bike was a Royal Enfield Crusader Sports. I cut my teeth on engine rebuilding with it when the big-end went. In fact I had to do it all over again 3 months later owing to a mistake I made the first time I replaced it. :crybaby: Great fun!

I hope you enjoy the rebuild.

IanB :D

:lol::lol::lol: Ian, I'm on there too, you have a pm !!!!!! Shoei is a popular lid as well for what it's worth !!!!!

I_love_my ........ never been that kean on the S4R to be honest ....... but I hey each to their own ...... any duke is a piece of class in my book !!!!!!!

Tiger Fish .......... frankly chap, it looks like you're talking bullocks :whistling:

:lol::lol::lol: Ian, I'm on there too, you have a pm !!!!!! Shoei is a popular lid as well for what it's worth !!!!!

I_love_my ........ never been that kean on the S4R to be honest ....... but I hey each to their own ...... any duke is a piece of class in my book !!!!!!!

Tiger Fish .......... frankly chap, it looks like you're talking bullocks :whistling:

my uncle has just swapped his S2R for one and it goes like stink!!!

mate of mine has the new fireblade and thats lovely, but there's something about the 996/999 S that blows everything else away!! lovely bikes!!!

Sounds like you've got a nice garage there to keep you occupied ....... any plans to put the enfield back together ?

Yup at some point I will get her back running

Ah that brings me back a bit :)

My first real bike was a Royal Enfield Crusader Sports. I cut my teeth on engine rebuilding with it when the big-end went. In fact I had to do it all over again 3 months later owing to a mistake I made the first time I replaced it. :crybaby: Great fun!

I hope you enjoy the rebuild.

It is/was a Crusader Sports but the frame is a little modified as the basic lump and frame are the same as the trials version including the box believe it or not! Will get it done one day but Mrs Mac says that 3 in the garage is enough!

@Ian B - See the weather was good at Glenfinnan when you were there, are you looking into the camera or "Concrete Bob's" famous viaduct?

as a PS I always lusted after a Duke, they are just "s*x on wheels" and the sound of the V twin is just so gorgeous. Till I went to try a 748 out, was like me and a minimoto FFS and I am only 6'.

as a PS I always lusted after a Duke, they are just "s*x on wheels" and the sound of the V twin is just so gorgeous. Till I went to try a 748 out, was like me and a minimoto FFS and I am only 6'.

Glenfinnan? Not me!

You're right about Ducati's. I've had the pleasure of owning several over the years. The 748 is certainly not good if you are tall, so what you need is an older one. A 888 is magic - with Termignonis of course. Only Duke I owned that smoothed out over the ton :) Had a 1980's 900ss too. That was a pig round town, but get those Contis lit up on an open road and it was fantastic. No problem accomodating a 6' frame. Also had a 1990's 750ss. Nice bike but plagued by carb icing when cold.

Cheers,

See the weather was good at Glenfinnan when you were there, are you looking into the camera or "Concrete Bob's" famous viaduct?

I've been that way in every weather you can imagine - I stayed in Helensburgh for 5+ years before coming to Derby at Easter this year. The Glencoe and Mallaig roads was always a favourite day out. On the day the photo was taken, about this time last year, I was going up to Morar where a mate of mine keeps his boat. The previous week had been very windy and he needed to check it was OK……… or at least that’s what we told his wife before we disappeared on our bikes for the day!

:lol::lol::lol: Ian, I'm on there too, you have a pm !!!!!!

- and you have a reply. Small world.

I've been that way in every weather you can imagine - I stayed in Helensburgh for 5+ years before coming to Derby at Easter this year. The Glencoe and Mallaig roads was always a favourite day out. On the day the photo was taken, about this time last year, I was going up to Morar where a mate of mine keeps his boat. The previous week had been very windy and he needed to check it was OK……… or at least that’s what we told his wife before we disappeared on our bikes for the day!

Know that area "like the back of my hand", my dad was brought up in Fort William, did you ever go up for the Scottish 6 days? I remember one year going round Morvern following the bikes and sitting on a hillside sweating in the sun, getting on the bike and riding off into pouring rain then stopping, wiping snow off the front of the front of the jacket at the top of a hill, and all inside 20 minutes. 4 Seasons in that time, strange weather in May up there.

I know what you mean about the roads though good mix of twisty stuff and long open straights and bends plus top scenery, I'm getting carried away now :lol:

I'm with Surgical Virus - Yamaha R6.

Great fun - taken it down to Morocco, over to Poland, and around a racetrack and it's perfect in all of these situations. Awesome bike. Piece of cake to ride slow, piece of cake to ride fast & furiously, piece of cake to ride 'long' (ie cross continents) too. An amazing, wonderful machine to own...

I current have a yamahe scooooooter 125cc 4 stroke so not as annoying as the little 2 stroke scrots.

Used to have a fazer 600 which i miss everyday (apart from rainy ones ;) )

My dad sometimes lets me out on his blackbird which i must say goes like stink, pulls like a trains from about 2,500 rpm