Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Removing Doorpanel Is 220d... How?

HHawk

Hi guys...

I am switching my doorspeakers, but I have some problems with removing the doorpanel with my Lexus IS 220 (2007).

I am scared of breaking something, so I would like to have some advice... I already tried to search the forum, but I could not find anything about removing the doorpanels on a IS 220d. :(

Here is a picture taken with my cell phone (1600x1200)

http://www.mvdl.info/door1.jpg

I "already" removed the part located at A and underneath is a screw.

But before I continue, what do I need to remove more and where (without breaking anything).

Thanks!

Hi guys...

I am switching my doorspeakers, but I have some problems with removing the doorpanel with my Lexus IS 220 (2007).

I am scared of breaking something, so I would like to have some advice... I already tried to search the forum, but I could not find anything about removing the doorpanels on a IS 220d. :(

But before I continue, what do I need to remove more and where (without breaking anything).

Thanks!

The switch panel should just pull up and then disconnect the wires, and then the door card panel should just pull off. There are two (maybe three) plastic alignment pins that may break if you do not pull it off square, but they aren't essential (just an aid to quick alignment ). The door card is held on with the usual plastic plug clips.

Hi guys...

Thanks!

The switch panel should just pull up and then disconnect the wires, and then the door card panel should just pull off. There are two (maybe three) plastic alignment pins that may break if you do not pull it off square, but they aren't essential (just an aid to quick alignment ). The door card is held on with the usual plastic plug clips.

First; thanks for your answer... Highly appreciated!

What do you mean exactly by "switch panel"...? The part under A?

And by pulling it up, do you mean after I have removed the screw at part A?

Thanks.

Well managed to pull everything loose, except for the top (window) part...

It seems to stay stuck?

All the other sides, bottom and middle are loose now...

Except for the top part. :S

Any ideas?

If you've removed the bottom part without breaking the alignment pins, try exerting some upward & backward pressure. From memory there's a separate strip seal behind the top bit which needed to be inserted first on the refit.

May be good to get a few pics to refer to next time someone on here wants to repeat the exercise :winky:

It seems to stay stuck?

Any ideas?

If you've removed the bottom part without breaking the alignment pins, try exerting some upward & backward pressure. From memory there's a separate strip seal behind the top bit which needed to be inserted first on the refit.

May be good to get a few pics to refer to next time someone on here wants to repeat the exercise :winky:

Yeah well, when I pull the panel towards me, and look underneath I see 1 or 2 very long plastic (white) pins. And pulling up, or even pushing up, doesn't help a lot... It's quite annoying, cause I removed my door panels on my previous car (Audi) without these kind of problems...

I've been pulling and pushing for the last 10 or 15 minutes, but I cannot get the door panel of. :(

It seems to stay stuck?

Any ideas?

Yeah well, when I pull the panel towards me, and look underneath I see 1 or 2 very long plastic (white) pins. And pulling up, or even pushing up, doesn't help a lot... It's quite annoying, cause I removed my door panels on my previous car (Audi) without these kind of problems...

I've been pulling and pushing for the last 10 or 15 minutes, but I cannot get the door panel of. :(

Those white pins are the alignment ones I mentioned. I assure you the panel does come off as all four door cards were removed on mine when the windows were tinted.

Ok, lifted from XXXX Lexus...you need a Philips screwdriver, and a trim removal tool (or any flat blade.

door2oz0.jpg

door1fn9.jpg

door3wo6.jpg

door4xe9.jpg

door5yh9.jpg

door6ce7.jpg

After you have removed the screws/bolts and the switch unit, pull from each of the four corners..taking care not to break the alignment pins as I've said before.