Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav - Mind Of It's Own

Hi,

My Lexus is almost a month old and the MM Sat Nav is acting strange, on several occasions I have got in the car to drive off and a destination has already been set, and route guidance starts automatically. On all the occasions this has happened (5 times now) I have driven somewhere without using the sat nav, just had the map screen displayed. Once I return to the car (can be minutes or hours) a location is set and it starts route guidance straight away. It seems to be choosing locations to guide me too from the memory locations I have stored. What was really freaky on two occasions it actually started guiding me to where I wanted to go. Now I know Lexus is good but, mind reading? Surely MM hasn't got that? Any one else had any issues? :D

Is it guiding you to the last location you've inputted, or just picking them at random?

I've had this happen a few times - but it's just when I've got somewhere, but the satnav hasn't got to the point where it goes "You have arrived at your destination" so when I start again, it still thinks it needs to route to that same location.

Not sure if that is what is happening with yours, but it's a possibility - I don't get why the Lexus nav doesn't do what BMWs do; when the engine is restarted it should ask whether you want to resume guidance instead of just doing it anyway!

Could be a dodgy unit, on the other hand (sorry for the Patronising sound to this) but are you puting in a new Destination before the system has actually navigated you to the current destiation? In other words, is there a chance that you have multiple parallel destinations (daisy changed) programmed in and the system is now thinking you are going to the next one?

Try this:

Voice Command button

"Delete all destinations" - she'll ask to confirm it and then tur off car, go for a walk, come back, turn on and see what happens...

PS - I did this once...the Satnav isn't 100% intuitive the first time you use it. It takes some getting used to...

Could be a dodgy unit, on the other hand (sorry for the Patronising sound to this) but are you puting in a new Destination before the system has actually navigated you to the current destiation? In other words, is there a chance that you have multiple parallel destinations (daisy changed) programmed in and the system is now thinking you are going to the next one?

Try this:

Voice Command button

"Delete all destinations" - she'll ask to confirm it and then tur off car, go for a walk, come back, turn on and see what happens...

PS - I did this once...the Satnav isn't 100% intuitive the first time you use it. It takes some getting used to...

That's the thing no destinations has been input when you first take the car out, none that are incomplete either, I have just driven as normal to a location, without any guidance, parked up. When I have got back to the car guidance starts straight away. I will try delete all destinations tonight and see if it does it again.

It could be the dealer set a destination up for you of themselves. Each time you are getting in the car it is trying to take you there. As suggested above delete all destinations with voice or touch screen and try again.

Right, worked it out, I think? There are some new roads around my home that are not on the lexus maps yet. When I use them to get home the sat nav is completely confused and the triangle keeps turning. Even after I pull onto my drive (which can be access by the new road and the road that the maps have) and wait it take around 10 minutes to figure out where I am! If I drive off straight way after coming home the wrong way (according to the sat nav) and drive to another destination it is still trying to work out where it is. After leaving the car stationary it's back to normal and starts navigation automatically. This is my theory, I have managed to replicate it successfully once!