Nitrous Or Not To Nitrous?

simonskippy

Should I put NOZ in the car now?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should I put NOZ in the car now?

• Yes
    • No

yes.........but..............

seriously consider other aspects aswell, conrods and pistons(which im looking into for you)

clutch, brakes..........

and possibe issues with the gearbox selectors, the engine and gearbox have been reliable run at 300bhp

beyond that the pencil thin conrods and lightweight pistons i will guess will start causing grave areas for concern.

as would the incredibly soft selector forks in the gearbox

my friend in burton that i went to see sunday before i came to derby has an old shape 318Ti compact with NOS. very quick. but his clutch keeps breaking, he's had 3 in so far. so he avoids using NOS now so he says but i dnt believe him.

yes.........but..............

seriously consider other aspects aswell, conrods and pistons(which im looking into for you)

clutch, brakes..........

and possibe issues with the gearbox selectors, the engine and gearbox have been reliable run at 300bhp

beyond that the pencil thin conrods and lightweight pistons i will guess will start causing grave areas for concern.

as would the incredibly soft selector forks in the gearbox

Mat,

I appreciate your help ont he engine internals side, the problem that I have is this.

1) I am having a few more pieces of trickery taken care of over the next three weeks some of which is exterior styling some of which is more engine mods. With these bits and pieces fitted I am having the whole car pressure tested to see where the restrictions are in the entire system ie. intake to exhaust. Once this has been sorted I am having the MoTeC M800 fitted and mapped, I am running 0.35 boost at the moment and soon to be 0.5 bar. So I am woundering about not only the conrods but mainly the gearbox, either I put Noz in at the same time as my water / methanol injection system and if the gearbox goes bang then a new one will have to be put in and Noz removed or do I stop being a muppet and leave Noz well alone

Decisions decisions

Comments please

Si

NOS would be an amazing addition to the car if you dnt mind spending the cash on the gearbox,clutch and other pieces.

my friends compact has had 2 semi-racing clutches and all broke after a few months while using the NOS so he doesnt use it now.

why dont you just have the boost upgraded. what you have done and what your doing i.e the mapping etc sound good enough. so maybe save your money and hassle with the NOS mate

decision is yours

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links