Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is it possible to input a postcode and then select "direct to" on a '98 version satnav,.....my route guidence keeps on cancelling only in the vicinity that i want to be in....ie the main road before the estate i want to be in.......its ok in areas i know but rubbish in unfimiliar surrounds!

Any ideas?

AP

98 Sat Nav has no postcode facility. You have to know the name of that particular road in that particular city. I'm not sure if they upgraded CD's to include postcodes but probably not as the latest versions are DVD's. As with all navigation systems, if you know where you are and where you are going, you will always know a better way than the Sat Nav. Invaluable in unknown territories though.

Most recent Part Number, no update eligible

.............Came the reply from that site when i put the disc number in......mabey becoz i tried under ls430.....as there is no option for LS 400....anybody know where i can get mabey 2006/07 version of the disc?? perhaps somewhere cheaper than the lexus dealers

AP

"...as there is no option for LS 400....anybody know where i can get mabey 2006/07 version of the disc?? perhaps somewhere cheaper than the lexus dealers"

If you're thinking the DVD version for a LS400 will give you postcodes. I'm pretty sure it won't. I have the latest DVD in my LS430 and even that doesn't have postcodes, the miserable thing.

Not too bothered about the postcodes just wanted an update.....would the ls400 support dvd?

Not unless it already has a dvd system in - which it won't have if it's using CD now!

It's as cheap to put in a TomTom or something if you can bear it, and the TomTom will have loads more features as well as newer maps.

Most recent Part Number, no update eligible

.............Came the reply from that site when i put the disc number in......mabey becoz i tried under ls430.....as there is no option for LS 400....anybody know where i can get mabey 2006/07 version of the disc?? perhaps somewhere cheaper than the lexus dealers

AP

Yes thats what i got when I tried it too.

I went to Lexus Croydon to enquire on costs/availability on parts for my MK IV 400 , they quoted a part number LPZ485-LCDEN-05 for the upgrade to Sat Nav at £77.92 ex vat , and if you area Gold Member could be less.

I am assuming that the -05 is a reference to the year? It was busy at the parts counter and didn't have time to check.

I will try and follow up and get more info on the year.

I went up North and used the M6 Toll Road, and the Sat Nav LAdy went bonkers when she thought I was driving through fields and hedges, as the disk I have is the original with the car from from 1998.

What was most disturbing was being told that touch paint for my car, colour Amethyst, was no longer available.

Any one know where I can get some ?

Chris

Hi Chris, I have a Colour and trim catalogue from October 1999 and as you say, Amethyst was no longer continued. If you have a look at your VIN plate under the bonnet you will see a number following C/TR. the first 3 numbers refer to your paint code. I'm wondering if Lexus just changed the name of the colour. Post the number and I'll check for you.

98 Sat Nav has no postcode facility. You have to know the name of that particular road in that particular city. I'm not sure if they upgraded CD's to include postcodes but probably not as the latest versions are DVD's. As with all navigation systems, if you know where you are and where you are going, you will always know a better way than the Sat Nav. Invaluable in unknown territories though.

Last night went from Weybridge to Victoria Coach Station using the Sat Nav. Took 40 mins. Told the wife I knew a quicker way home. Took an hour. Doh!!!

"I went up North and used the M6 Toll Road, and the Sat Nav LAdy went bonkers when she thought I was driving through fields and hedges, as the disk I have is the original with the car from from 1998.

What was most disturbing was being told that touch paint for my car, colour Amethyst, was no longer available.

Any one know where I can get some ?"

Chris

These cars are always surprising me but how did the sexy satnav voice lady know that the paint had been discontinued??!!! :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Chris, I have a Colour and trim catalogue from October 1999 and as you say, Amethyst was no longer continued. If you have a look at your VIN plate under the bonnet you will see a number following C/TR. the first 3 numbers refer to your paint code. I'm wondering if Lexus just changed the name of the colour. Post the number and I'll check for you.

941 is the magic number, thanks.

Sorry Chris, 941 discontinued.

That's what Lexus Croydon said. Any ideas where I can get this paint from any one ???

That's what Lexus Croydon said. Any ideas where I can get this paint from any one ???

hi, some of the larger Halfords branches mix paint in touch up or spray cans using the paint code number. (noy sure how good a match it will be but worth a try)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links