Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nurburgring 2008........

Dave-Ellen

Fancy a trip to the Nurburgring ?

I'll be going down there for the first late spring early summer opening in 2008.

Thinking we could start planning now as there are quite a lot of you who have indicated you'd like to come.

Been talking to barrie & a few others and I'd like to be more organised this time..............

I'm thinking of dividing up into 2 groups with 1 group on track and one group vidoeing/taking photos each session from various pints round the ring...........

we could then get a decent dvd made showing all of us going round at the same point so as to speak looking as if we are all on at the same time !!

mixed with in car footage could be a wicked DVD...........

Mrs Prolex-UK will be doing her own tour of Cologne on the saturday for any WAGs...............so shopping needs will be met !!

Hotel details are here

http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fic...che_hotel.shtml

Stayed there several times now and its easy to find,cheap,clean and the bar stays open until the last person leaves

If you are interested just post below and I'll keep you updated with actual departure times as things get firmed up

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its always a great trip,and we always have a laugh.the ring trips have been my only holidays for the past 2 years.Can you beleive i spend more time abroad with you lot than i do with any of my family.

its always a great trip,and we always have a laugh.the ring trips have been my only holidays for the past 2 years.Can you beleive i spend more time abroad with you lot than i do with any of my family.

but we are your family :wub:

let me think about it..........................mmmmmm

......................nurburgring

......................possibly

......................possibly bloody affirmative :D

indeed...........last time you were off the beer as well :crybaby:

i have spoken to TTE about a visit

its too early to arrange at the moment but will get an answer early next year

looking at various other activities in the local area

one of them being dry slope tobogganing which looks like a lot of fun

I might be able to wangle the college along to this with some interesting cars, i take it any cars can come ???

Those who have been before what is the estimate spending all in petrol, hotel, beers etc would be helpful if i could start saving :)

good idea old bean...........

also just down the road is a Ralf Schumacher go kart track we could have a bash at :whistling:

The pimp ride will be there.

One question I have though is why we stay so far away from the track? I know Raj and I were talking about the added fun (and convienience) of staying in a hotel with other Ringers very close to the track.

One question I have though is why we stay so far away from the track? I know Raj and I were talking about the added fun (and convienience) of staying in a hotel with other Ringers very close to the track.

good question................one reason is the nightlife in Koln is so good.............hotels nearer the ring are a bit qiueter

for me i like staying in koln for the above reason and the fact Kamelia can go shopping while I'm trying to avoid killing myself..............

think i'll be copying you & raj in leaving early for the ring

good question................one reason is the nightlife in Koln is so good.............hotels nearer the ring are a bit qiueter

for me i like staying in koln for the above reason and the fact Kamelia can go shopping while I'm trying to avoid killing myself..............

think i'll be copying you & raj in leaving early for the ring

dont forget koln or cologne is also the home of TTE

problem with the local towns and villages is the fact that they are towns and villages :D

basically the main reason i was discussing that with Maneesh was cos we had such an eventful day on the last trip when we woke at 6 and were driving the ring at 8 am,it was maneesh 's idea and im glad i did it.I do enjoy the hotel we stay at,but i always drink too much and cos i have no self control i get into bed at the time most people are getting up,thats the only reason id wanna stay closer.If the majority want to stay at the accor hotel then im absolutely fine with that as it wouldnt be the same sort of trip without everyone else.

do you think we can get Bubbs and sanj to bring their cars this time?Sanj's M3 and Bubb's Evo,that would be excellent.

Wonder what Paul will hire this time?

basically the main reason i was discussing that with Maneesh was cos we had such an eventful day on the last trip when we woke at 6 and were driving the ring at 8 am,it was maneesh 's idea and im glad i did it.I do enjoy the hotel we stay at,but i always drink too much and cos i have no self control i get into bed at the time most people are getting up,thats the only reason id wanna stay closer.If the majority want to stay at the accor hotel then im absolutely fine with that as it wouldnt be the same sort of trip without everyone else.

do you think we can get Bubbs and sanj to bring their cars this time?Sanj's M3 and Bubb's Evo,that would be excellent.

getting up early can be easily arranged

your self control..........that might be a bit harder :winky:

getting up early can be easily arranged

your self control..........that might be a bit harder :winky:

indeed..........sanj is too tight !..............bubbs...........possibly !!

Paul is hiring a reliant robin :crybaby:

maybe a good suggestion for a date is easter

most people will be able to arrange the days off

easter comes early next year , march 21st weekend (which allows more time to arrange a second trip !!)

i know everyone says its a busy weekend, but to be honest every weekend is busy there

I ain't gonna promise, but I will defo think about this.

Can someone who has been on a ring trip before send me a pm

with route, mileage, total cost including accomodation & ring fees

and dep & arrival back UK times from previous trip so I can then

balance work interests with poss ring trip and see exactly what is

envolved time & money wise before I commit.

I know thats a lot of info but am very tempted :winky:

I ain't gonna promise, but I will defo think about this.

Can someone who has been on a ring trip before send me a pm

with route, mileage, total cost including accomodation & ring fees

and dep & arrival back UK times from previous trip so I can then

balance work interests with poss ring trip and see exactly what is

envolved time & money wise before I commit.

I know thats a lot of info but am very tempted :winky:

could do .....but im not going to :P

go to "archived past meets" forum

the info is all there, along with a million and other things to help convince you that you shouldnt miss this trip

honestly there are all the pics and info you will need

ok well basically now youve got the charger on ,i can tell you what it cost the first time i took my s/c auto to the ring.The ferry we took was £90 and the last time we went by eurotunnel i think it was £130.if we booked today for easter the eurotunnel would be £80ish.Hotel was nice in Frechen,cost for 3nights was 147 euros,so approx £90.

Travel £80-100(you can share this cost with someone you take along)

Accomodation £90-100(you can share a room with anyone as they are twin rooms)

Petrol £200-250 i spent about that(can be shared with passenger)

Drinks+Food £? depends on how much you drink and eat i suppose(can be shared also i guess)

for mileages speak to bazza and lee etc,they take note of these things.Lee just picked me up from my house and i just followed him and everyone else to the ring.

oh yeah one of the links bazza is talking off

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...;hl=nurburgring

Cheers for the info,

what day did you leave time etc and when did you return ?

normally we go out on the friday and back on the monday

the first year we went out on the wednesday and returned on the sunday, mainly because we visited TTE on the thursday

basically you can come and go when you want

if we all want to visit TTE (and you really do not want to miss the opportunity) it will have to be on a weekday and not a bank holiday

I have been wanting to go to the ring for a while now but have not got round to it yet.

Barrie I just had a search through some threads in the archive there but I can't see any full trip costs if you know what I mean. Just people getting quotes for ferries and stuff.

I would be interested in knowing the average all in cost of going to the ring.

I know Gordon (GRiM) has been asking me about going too so I would expect he would be up for it next year.

If anyone can post up some avreage costs that would be a great help to myself and I am sure some others.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk