Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nurburgring 2008........

Dave-Ellen

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been wanting to go to the ring for a while now but have not got round to it yet.

Barrie I just had a search through some threads in the archive there but I can't see any full trip costs if you know what I mean. Just people getting quotes for ferries and stuff.

I would be interested in knowing the average all in cost of going to the ring.

I know Gordon (GRiM) has been asking me about going too so I would expect he would be up for it next year.

If anyone can post up some avreage costs that would be a great help to myself and I am sure some others.

off the top of my head very rough maximum costs:

ferry £150

hotel £150

petrol £200

laps £100 (dependant on how many you want to do)

food and drink dependant on how much you drink or eat but allow a little more than your average weekend out on the town

so looking at about £700 at a max

depending on ways of travel, and any offers available the costs can be lower, £350 wouldnt be unreasonable low end cost

you do have the extra cost of getting across to britty land though

less of course any cigarettes at half the price !!

i know it probably sounds a lot but it really is worth every penny

would be great to see Gordon again :D

I remember speaking to my cousin about doing this trip. He is in the armed forces and is currently posted in Germany for 2 years. He was also posted there a while back for a few years and he regularly takes his ZX6r back and forth fromhere to germany.

Anyway, when I asked him about the best way to get there he said it would deffo be by getting the ferry from belfast to stranrar, travelling across scotland and getting another ferry straight into holland. then it's one trip right into germany. O know that would prob suit me better since I would be landing in Scotland of the first ferry but have any of you ever considered that route. It is apparently a lot shorter and quicker.

Well normally we travel down to dover then get the Eurotunnel all together.

The northerners looked at going across to holland on the ferry but its really quite expensive apparently. And although its a long drive for us it seems more fun all meeting together in England and driving in convoy.

Maybe you could get the ferry to Liverpool then drive down with us to the Eurotunnel?

Stav

maybe a good suggestion for a date is easter

most people will be able to arrange the days off

easter comes early next year , march 21st weekend (which allows more time to arrange a second trip !!)

i know everyone says its a busy weekend, but to be honest every weekend is busy there

I agree with Barrie

shall we go for this weekend (if its open) ?

I might be up for this as i wanted to go on the last trip but found out my passport had run out the week before so hopefully i'll be a bit more organised by then? Do any of you car share to keep the costs down a little?? biggrin.gif

Your more than welcome in my car mate if you want.

Stav

I might be up for this as i wanted to go on the last trip but found out my passport had run out the week before so hopefully i'll be a bit more organised by then? Do any of you car share to keep the costs down a little?? biggrin.gif

Your more than welcome in my car mate if you want.

Stav

Cheers matey might take you up on your offer :D :D

I want to hire the race spec BMW again. Haha - seeing Lee Iceman's face as he felt like vomiting after a lap, and hearing Sanj scream "slow down" from the back was pure class!

but you were in reverse at the time :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk