Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d Oil Recommendations

What kind of oil should i be using in an is220d? I have looked in the owners manual and found the relevant section. But when I went to Halfords nothing seemed to match the grades the manual recommends. Despite Halfords having more oil then Iraq.

Currently I am using this:

Make LEXUS

Model IS220d 2.2 16V

Engine DT

Year 2005-

Application Recommendation Capacity (ltr) Links

Engine (DT) Castrol's best oil for your vehicle EDGE TURBO DIESEL 0W-30

As recommended by the Castrol web site.

The IS220d appears top be getting through oil quite quickly. It's done about 18k miles.

So what is everyone else using and how often do you top up?

I used the Mobil 1 0w-40 as it matched what the book said. Was £14.99 for a litre and it's the first I've had to put in it (has a red flashing oil low warning whilst on the M40 :crying: so was worried). Took the whole litre but I'm on 29k so almost due for a service.

Rich.

I went through the same thing. My diesel, spontaneously, started to take 1 litre every 500 miles or so before the first service...it gulped 3 litres in 1500 very worrying miles...

I shopped till I dropped and couldn't find the grade either. The only one exactly matching the viscosity was the Shell Longlife II - as recommended by VAG - but it didn't have the AECFCAEblahblah codes on it as mentioned in the handbook...so I rang the dealers. Both I called just said "Mobil1..." and that's what they filled the sump with at the service.

So I did...I went to Costco, and bought a 4 litre 'jug' for £22+vat (0w40 Fully Synth). A real bargain!

Since the service, the car hasn't touched a drop. It's approaching 13500 miles, and I'll have a look again tomorrow (checked it a fortnight ago).