Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've had my IS220D for a couple of months now and have clocked up 6K miles, anyway, I was wondering if anyone had experienced the following:

Rattle coming from glove box (have to hold firmly shut to prevent)

Having problems starting vehicle, even though the clutch is fully depressed and LED is green

Black/grey soot in the glove box... basically, everything inside is getting covered in a fine black powder? WEIRD!

Vibrating rear-view mirror (known problem)

Car sounds like a friggin tank when idle... will this improve after first 10K service?

Sat-Nav is bloody useless for avoiding traffic jams and can't find some addresses/has no full postcode search facility.

Overall I'm impressed with the car, it's just the above really bugs me.

Eyes,

Driven a Courtesy car that had a rattling glove box, so it is not unique. DEALER

Starting - on mine the LED Green = no starting problem - so it's a new one...??

Soot in glove box - that's a new one. The only thing I know that is in there is the Pollen/cabin filter. Dunno if it's charcoal type filter or not and that could be the trouble.

Rear mirror - mines aweful, especially with the MLS turned up! It improves, but by 10% over time at most...

Engine noise - it ain't the quietest or smoothest diesel. Dunno if all that wonderful technology means it is noisier than others. But just listen to an A4 2.oTDi - it's not that different FME. It really doesn't get quieter over time, just smoother!

SatNav TMC/route avoidance - I've posted about this before. It really doesn't work that well IMHO. people think it does, but that's because they follow it blindly. Just ignore it and see what happens....I always try Vodafone 2222 when it asks me to consider...7/10 it's wrong! It's the same with my garmin too....but that doesn't take you off the road and then ask you to do a U turn and get back on original track like my Lexus!

on the starting it happened to me twice, on both times i had parked in our drive with the car inclined upwards, up until then i had never driven straight in and it had never occured. only reverse into drive now so nose is inclined down and never happened since

on the starting it happened to me twice, on both times i had parked in our drive with the car inclined upwards, up until then i had never driven straight in and it had never occured. only reverse into drive now so nose is inclined down and never happened since

Mine is always facing up hill when it's parked at home. Never had a problem.

Thanks for the replies Guys.

With regards to the Sat-Nav... It really is bad. I do about 300 miles a day on average as a rep; it never lets you know about jams until you are literally on top of them... if at all!

Example: M25 was an absolute pig on Monday morning in both directions between junctions 3 and 8. Sat-Nav said that there were no problems on route; however, just before I joined one of the worst jams in recent weeks, it said slow traffic ahead before it was too late. After sitting in traffic for an hour or so, I managed to get off at the next junction and join the A25 headed for Sevenoaks, the A25 was not moving either and the Lexus said that there were no problems? In addition, I find the lack of full postcode search really annoying and sometimes a road name cannot be found. I always carry my PDA/TomTom as backup now, shame really because Lexus said that the SatNav package was meant to be the dogs dangly bits.

The fine black powder in the glove box it really odd and the thing rattles incessantly... not a loud rattle, just a really annoying one that you can hear with the stereo off.

How do you guys start your cars? I press the button once, wait a couple of secs, press it again (dials come on), wait for the display to show "check completed", depress the clutch fully (light turns green), press the button and... nothing. Sometimes it works first time and others it takes 2 or 3 attempts.

When you guys state that it takes ages to start are you saying you hear loads of Cranking before starting?

Mine has never cranked more than 4-6 or so engine turns - so it's almost instantly. When It's cold tho, you can tell the Glow plugs need a little more warming as there is a greater delay between pressing the button and hearing the engine crank - but that's normal I believe...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links