Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nurburgring 20-24th March -2008

Bazza

Calling this off now lads, don't want to risk the snow :(

Are you serious? At least come along for the trip if you dont risk it round the track!

Stav

Ditto

The mountains have their own weather system and you can't take what a 'normal' weather report says. As the pic shows report says snow but there is no snow. Even if we just get one or two days on the 'ring its worth it :D

We drove over a couple of years back in the worst snow ever and lived to tell the tale :winky:

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R888's are on the IS350 OEM alloys..............

Not sure if its wise to drive over on them if its snowy !

good choice of tyre there dave.i tried to get some for my M3,but couldnt get em delivered in time for thursday.I looked into cups also-but they are even worst then R888s in the wet and working out at £1k fitted.

I think cologne will be fine weather wise-so if we get there and find out its snowing at the ring we dont have to venture down.Its supposedly snowing in adenau now,according to the weather report.its actually sunny there at the mo.come on guys lets not cancel now,all my mates at home will beat me for making them change the stag do dates.

R888's are on the IS350 OEM alloys..............

Not sure if its wise to drive over on them if its snowy !

good choice of tyre there dave.i tried to get some for my M3,but couldnt get em delivered in time for thursday.I looked into cups also-but they are even worst then R888s in the wet and working out at £1k fitted.

I think cologne will be fine weather wise-so if we get there and find out its snowing at the ring we dont have to venture down.Its supposedly snowing in adenau now,according to the weather report.its actually sunny there at the mo.come on guys lets not cancel now,all my mates at home will beat me for making them change the stag do dates.

just need the car,,,,,,,,,,, tomorrow is d-day

the sva place get post at 11am if rec'd i'll be off to collect the car

if not i cant risk going to southampton on the off chance and make th e14.20 train..............

lets hope

may well see if the IS350 alloys fit on the risto if its a no goer.............

i wouldnt worry about the snow, it will only stick on the hills, the roads will be fine, and Koln will be fine aswell

it'll still be slippy...

and with the numbers expected to go - I imagine it'll be a messy weekend with lots of closures..

i dont think its going to be a problem at all.It chucked it down last year and we still went on with the track wet and slippy in places.ive seen people driving the ring in heavy rain and its not that bad.

i dont think its going to be a problem at all.It chucked it down last year and we still went on with the track wet and slippy in places.ive seen people driving the ring in heavy rain and its not that bad.

I span off the track last year overtaking at 15mph on a wet track...say no more :crybaby:

Fine by me,

So Me, Chris Aztec, Gord, Raj, Maneesh, and LEE! meeting at Norton Canes at 7am?

Stav

yeah thats fine by me.Maneesh is meeting us at Maidstone so he has to make sure he is in the Maidstone area by 12 latest then,so we have enough time to either wait for him at the services or collect him en route.ill text him now.

I span off the track last year overtaking at 15mph on a wet track...say no more :crybaby:

its not the car tho,is it?its the driver.

well bugger the weatherman if you pardon the expression.

I'm going, hopefully with Mini-Me if not alone....

If the weather is really poor, I will just stand and watch the Porsches and BMW's crash (not Raj or my mate Milo).

Bring on the road trip !!!

Its the people that make the trip what it is matey? You can be in the middle of the desert and nothing for miles around, as long as your with friends it'll be worth it in the end :D

Oh and a 24hr Bar helps.. :lol:

Can we make it 7.00 to 7.30am at the services lads :question:

@ Raj, i think Wozza's mate has the 330ci BMW :D

Its the people that make the trip what it is matey? You can be in the middle of the desert and nothing for miles around, as long as your with friends it'll be worth it in the end :D

yeh dont mind matey i'll be there at what ever time you guys say :D

oh yes 7:30 suits me.

oh yes 7:30 suits me.

Half hour longer in bed mate :lol::lol: