Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nurburgring 20-24th March -2008

Bazza

well.....we left earlier than planned this morning, due to the weather

got to calais with about an hour to spare, so went for a quick coffee, carried on to the ferry terminal in plenty of time, only to have to sit in the queue to get through passport control for an hour, needless to say we missed the ferry and had to wait another hour and a half !!...just got home !

tired but with great memories of yet another fantastic weekend :D

thanks to:

Dave

Kami

Lee

Stav

Chris

Maneesh

Wozza

Milo (honorary new LOC member)

Gord

and a special thanks to Raj who kept me going with his leftovers most the weekend :lol:

last but not least to Janey

this weekend was made by each and everyone one of us, and is one weekend i dont think anyone will forget :D

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what a weekend,great laugh and was great company as usual.Sad news about my off,but as Dave explained,wasnt serious in terms of the damage done to the car/wallet or ego and after watching the state of some of the accidents/incidents I thank God for looking after me and Maneesh that day-these things sink in slowly.Anyways wanted to write a lenghty post but think ill save it for tomorrow.Thanks to everyone that was there,from the regulars to those that came along for their first trip-really enjoy myself with my LOC family abroad.Bazza/Janey I love you guys lots-Thanks to all the lads for waiting up for me on the way back,Thanks especially goes to Chris(aztecbandit)who saw me all the way home with dodgy car and made sure he followed me all the way home doing some stupidly slow speeds-many thanks Chris-not only a gent,but a bloody good laugh and now i know your as close as you are to my place,were hooking up for beers very soon(on me ofcourse).Bazza/janey/chris/Maneesh/dave/kami/gord/lee/stav/wozza/milo thanks very much for a great trip and looking forward to the next one.

btw someones got my umbrella

Woz going on before we'd even left the hotel !

WozWebcam.jpg

Stav

Cheers Stav for grabbing the Picture :D :D :D

Due to the bad weather, I wasn't going to miss a chance of getting at lap in on this trip, even if it meant a lap at 0 degrees C,

so I got up early and was at the Nurburgring before everyone else had even got out of bed. Milo called to see where I was,

I said "Take a look on the webcam cos the track is opening, ice or not I'm going for it !!

I tip-toed round on the ice :crybaby: , had 2 scary moments :crying: , but did a lap with the car in one piece.

It took all the bottle I had and then some.

Then later on we did an LOC Parade lap, overtook Dave on the Karousell on the inside (he let me thru)

and had fun chasing after Barrie. Got some good footage taken by my co-pilot cameraman Maneesh :D

then I did a lap as co-pilot cameraman in with Milo (BMW 330Ci), then had another lap in my car, along with

Milo & Chris, Stav, Barrie & Dave.

I managed not to bin it, and overtook a few cars along the way, and am looking forward to going back again

when the funds allow. Big thanks to all the club members who attended, plus my mate Milo too. The trip is

great but without the company it wouldn't be the same.

I promise next time to show Maneesh how I do my cutlery trick :whistling:

As always a great time with some great friends :D Big thanks to everyone for making it yet another fun trip.

I'm still half asleep so will try and post a better run down when I wake up :winky:

Just want to say a big THANKYOU to all the guys and girls for making my first trip a great one :D Probably a bit too quiet for most of you but i did start to liven up a bit as the weekend went on :whistling:

Got back quite late and past out on the sofa :D When my brain wakes up i'll try and get some more pic's up and say a bit more, got to give my car a good clean as it now looks white and good to see everyone got back home safe and sound, i still feel like i've got my seat and steering wheel are attached to me :lol:

And was glad i did my lap and earned my ring sticker as i would of kicked myself if i'd come home and not been on the Ring so thanks for all the advice given probably the slowest lap ever done but G O D did i enjoy doing it and came home in one piece with a smile on my face :D

Thankyou to all for the experience, feel like i've made some really good friends and Raj glad i could assist you mate it was a pleasure :D

Well i made it back safe after 1600miles or so driven over the weekend. Got home about 7 last night and just went stright to bed was whacked.

all in all a good weekend, got myself three laps in and no damage so very happy.

Was a great weekend again mainly because of the company. So thank you too you all and cant wait to go again,

Didnt take many pictures but heres a couple:

On the way there on Saturday: Regardless to say the track wasnt open but we made it there through all that, though me and lee did get stuck at one point, and we were drifting into the middle of the road!

P220308_123401.jpg

The car park of the Grand prix track on sunday:

P230308_1612.jpg

And my proudly displayed sticker: (sorry for nicking the idea Lee)

P250308_1336.jpg

Stav

Been routing through the Webcam and found these:

Dave, Chris Aztec, and a Euro member

8200rpmcom345094_H.png

Bazza (in the Red 306), Milo, and Me

8200rpmcom345093_H.png

Also when i got them pic they sent me a link to a photographer who ad just sat at a corner all day taking pics.

This is his website for that day (sunday): Rene Graff

Tut Tut Wozza, what would the Authorities say about that camera :

DSC_4554.jpg

And Me!!

DSC_4556.jpg

Woz by himself:

DSC_4552.jpg

And Bazza:

DSC_4550.jpg

Stav

Just been through the last couple of pages...

Glad you all had fun, and the pics are great.

Nice find of those professional pics! very cool :)

Do you think he may have a bigger version if I send him a few Euro's Stav ?

He does mate

Image file in 1280 x 960 with Logo €5.90

image file in 3008 x 2000 €12.90

image file in 3008 x 2000 with Photoshop treatment €19,90

Do you think he may have a bigger version if I send him a few Euro's Stav ?

He does mate

Image file in 1280 x 960 with Logo €5.90

image file in 3008 x 2000 €12.90

image file in 3008 x 2000 with Photoshop treatment €19,90

Sounds like a plan, I like the second pictures too. Good find Stav :D.

I ordered the second one.

Any idea how do you order the first one ?

well looks like you all had a great time.....and another one i missed, but i knew i would earlier in the year, biggest thing im gutted at missing is Cologne, i love that city.

i am looking at going over to Cologne in the Summer for a visit.

glad you all had a fab time

Glad you all got back safely and had a great time by the sound of it. Photos look great. Definitely have to try and get over with you sometime but the rota always seems to interfere when there's good stuff going on.

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk