Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cdr's In Lexux 200

I play CD-R's in my IS200 all the time! No problems....infact got six in there now as we speak! However, you'll find that CD-RW's and MP3 tracks will not play!

Cheers - Neil

I find it hard to understand why a CDR, CDRW will cause a CD player to jam, unless it has been poorly labelled. At the end of the day the discs are the same, only the reflective surface is different (and sometimes the disc is slightly thicker).

People will get different results, even between players of the same manufacturer. Here are some tips from research I have conducted in-house for the home entertainment system I am using.

- Always use 74 min (600MB) CD's and not the 80 min ones

- Try not to use discs with bizarely coloured reflective surfaces (e.g. purple).

- record at the slowest speeds for best results

- use a CD recorder which supports buffering (to prevent underruns)

- different manufacturers of blank CD's yield different results. I have had good results with Memorex CDRW's. Haven't yet tried them in the GS yet.

Hope this helps.

There is no problem using CD-Rs. I have six in my 2002 IS200 stereo with Epson sticker labels. I wrote disks on speed of 40x and 24x. No difference. It's read without any problem. So don't believe in that you have to write on slower speeds. It's true for older CD-RW drives and bad Hi-Fi stereo players. Japanese drives (Sony, Panasonic, Lexus (which are Fujitsu or Pioneer), Mitsubishi) have no problem of reading CD-Rs. While others like Daewoo, stereo in Volvo S40 which I had may not read all the discs even not depending on recording speed. I wrote the units which I tried. Good Luck.

I wish it was quite as cut-n-dry as all that. I can tell you that trying to get a CDR to be read by a Sony DVD 735 player (a superb DVD player) is no fun at all. You get marginally better results when recorded at slower speeds, although you have to question why that is. In addition to that, my wife's car will struggle to play the first few tracks of a CDR disc but quite happily play the ones towards the end of the disc. That same disc plays without any problems at all in a cheap Bush cd player we have in the kitchen.

At the end of the day it's all very subjective and while you are correct that most players of today will play the discs flawlessly it's certainly not a certainty.

Hi

I had problems with CDr's as it was a manufacturing fault with original Cd Player they didnt make the cd holder bigger enough to except Cdr's over Original CD's, Fraction of millimetres differences, had mine replaced under warranty, to include modification. this is what i was told when i got my Cdr's jammed.

Still service departments will tell you anything...but so far no issues???? till next time..

Using traxdata media, I've found that audio disks burnt @ <=8 speed are ok. When written faster than 8x one has problems. Have since found this to be true for most cdr's used in 'domestic' readers, ie != cd / cdr's in PC's.

No problem here either... also got 6 CDRs in my changer right now. They're all "cheap" DuraBrand CDRs from ASDA, all recorded at 24x speed, and they all play/load/eject just fine :)

...if you're a cheapskate like me, 'borrow' :whistling: one of those fine-nibbed pens from work that they use to write on overhead projector acetates. They write on CDs a treat - no need for labels :)