Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blub Tint Side Lights

Paul-J

I believe so matey, the law says something like...

only white or yellow light to come from the front

yellow from the side, and then red, yellow, or

white (for reverse) from the rear.

I'm not a police officer, but remember reading

the construction & use regulations a while back,

and this is the info I remember.

Lights with the HID effect blue tint are fine as they shine within the accepted temperature range. However any lights that shine a true blue colour are technically illegal as it is classed as 'impersonating an emergency vehicle'. This goes for all blue lights including sidelights and those blue lights you sometimes see on window washer nozzles. However my girlfriend drove around in her golf with blue sidelights for over two years and never got pulled. I think if you ever got pulled over, you would simply be told to remove the lights, unless the copper was having a bad day.

Mark

Id get down to a local car parts dealer and buy a set of HID effect sidelights. I don't think they cost more than a few quid (although never bought any for a Lexus). I always thought my girlfriends blue sidelights looked stupid, but there was no telling her that ;)

• 2 weeks later...

ive seena few cars up this way with the very blue LED side lights, now from other forums ive seen that these are for off road use only.

however i had the blue/white one from Halfords and they were said to be road legal. looked only ever so slightly blue-ish and a lot whiter than stock. not bad for 3 quid i thought. i only ever use side lights tbh when pulling up to the guards at work.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links