Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all. First time post and one week since I picked up my new IS 220d SE and 400 miles now on the clock. Already I have some worries which are very familiar with other post on this forum.

Vibrating mirror at low revs or with a bit of bass from the CD ( I guess the dodgy mirrors are still on the newest of cars)

Some reluctance to start in the mornings. It sounds as if it isn't going to fire after a fair amount of cranking. (How embarrasing would that be)

Erratic idleing. As much as 1500 rpm!!

Feels a bit sluggish but I am being a little careful for the first few hundred miles and trying to get some decent MPG.

The gear change feels a little 'clunky' but that maybe down to the fact I have had an auto (DSG) for the past 2 years.

Had 3 Audi's for the past 10 years and they have never missed a beat.

I am still waiting for a call from the dealership to see how things are (won't hold my breath) and a chance to vent a little anger. I'll give them another week and get the car in if the idleing and starting issues don't settle down.

I did have a call from Luxus GB this morning asking how things were but I was too embarrassed to discuss things in ear shot of work mates.

On the positive the car looks great and the interior is superb. I have had a couple of people in the car who wouldn't believe it was a diesel.

Any how I'll keep a close eye on LOC it's a great forum.

If you have a good search you'll find most of these on here - mirror is normal as the bass is very powerful, high idling is normal (to get the cats to temp?) but should stop when the engine is fully warmed up. Not heard of the starting issue though, someone else may be able to help - mine turns over a few times but this can be a feature of the car rather than an issue.

Welcome to LOC.

Rich.

I'm just over 4 weeks in - also appear to be having a 'starting issue'...........press engine start button when green, dials whiz round, check comes up on trip but engine does not even attempt to start.....have to press start button again. Have always assumed I hadn't got the clutch depressed enough but surely dials wouldn't whiz round if this was the case? Any advice appreciated on this one.......

mine too idles at high revs initially (probably first few minutes) - upto about 1300rpm, then drops back down to just below 900rpm

Still love the car though!

Welcome to board

There are loads of posts about the mirror, just scroll down the page on the 22d/250 forum - but there is apparently a new version so the dealers should be able to get these ordered for you. I believe it can almost be a minor safety issue at motorway speeds...

As far starting is concerned, mine has never failed - in fact 3-5 cranks is about all I get and the engine always fires. Has done fro 18 months, so again, I would get it into the dealers.

Your comment about Audi is an interesting one - I too had an A4 before this - which I still regard to be the best made/solidly put together car money can buy (especially in the sub £30k/compact/mid range executive car bracket), and mine never missed a beat either...or rattled...or vibrated ;)

Anyway, this is a Lexus forum, so lets all sing praise to Mr L!

I'm just over 4 weeks in - also appear to be having a 'starting issue'...........press engine start button when green, dials whiz round, check comes up on trip but engine does not even attempt to start.....have to press start button again. Have always assumed I hadn't got the clutch depressed enough but surely dials wouldn't whiz round if this was the case? Any advice appreciated on this one.......

Have you actually tried pressing the starter button without the clutch pressed :tomato: It puts the ignition on to what was ACC, and on mine the dials light up and spin round. I was having trouble in mine early on, then I put the seat forward a notch (seriously) and all was fine.

Have you actually tried pressing the starter button without the clutch pressed :tomato: It puts the ignition on to what was ACC, and on mine the dials light up and spin round. I was having trouble in mine early on, then I put the seat forward a notch (seriously) and all was fine.

I sure have tried pressing with no clutch in......

I'm fairly sure the light on the starter button is always green when I'm trying to start - will double check though to make sure I'm not being a complete and utter :tsktsk: though..........

cheers for the advice

502 miles on the clock after first 8 days. Filled the tank up today worked out at a better than expected 42 miles to the gallon. (The trip computer was spot on too!) So thats a move in the right direction. General daily commute is 50 miles at 80% motorway 20% A/B roads. Set cruise at around 80mph where i can. Getting used to the car now and beginning to enjoy it. Starting issue is slightly better by getting into the habit of just pressing the button initally, waiting a few seconds and then hitting it again with green light. Only seems to be a problem first thing in morning.

Have you noticed how many BMW drivers seem to look in envy because I have.

Looking forward to a trip to the south cost in a couple of weeks , fully load with wife, kids and luggage, round trip of approx 600 miles so will give some feedback on how things go with that.

Looking at give the paint some winter protection soon. Any recommendations on the polish front?

502 miles on the clock after first 8 days. Filled the tank up today worked out at a better than expected 42 miles to the gallon. (The trip computer was spot on too!) So thats a move in the right direction. General daily commute is 50 miles at 80% motorway 20% A/B roads. Set cruise at around 80mph where i can. Getting used to the car now and beginning to enjoy it. Starting issue is slightly better by getting into the habit of just pressing the button initally, waiting a few seconds and then hitting it again with green light. Only seems to be a problem first thing in morning.

Have you noticed how many BMW drivers seem to look in envy because I have.

Looking forward to a trip to the south cost in a couple of weeks , fully load with wife, kids and luggage, round trip of approx 600 miles so will give some feedback on how things go with that.

Looking at give the paint some winter protection soon. Any recommendations on the polish front?

With regards to polishing I sked the same question and jamboo and Stev were most helpfull see topic "New is a picture" second page some good sound advise.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links