Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well today I got the real rattles - going over rumble strips - rattling from behind radio console. Only happens when on a bumpety bump type of surface - like rumble strips - pressed everything including windscreen and can't locate it. It sounds like the window is rattling but its not that. I am going to call the dealer tmrw - my first test of the service. I also noticed at the weekend that the spare remote does not work - little red dot lights up so it is not Battery but the car does not react to it in any way.

Final quirk - and it may be that 'its like that sir' is that the mirror controls do not illuminate at night - seems odd?

Will keep you posted...........

• 3 weeks later...

Mine too. Now done 9,700 miles and rattle now very obvious behind centre consol (near the dashboard speaker and windscreen) when driving over anything but smooth surface. Admittedly the Mark Levinson is usually working over time but occasionally when not used is very very annoying.

Have mentioned to Lexus ahead of 10k service next week but is it something they can rectify???

Mine too. Now done 9,700 miles and rattle now very obvious behind centre consol (near the dashboard speaker and windscreen) when driving over anything but smooth surface. Admittedly the Mark Levinson is usually working over time but occasionally when not used is very very annoying.

Have mentioned to Lexus ahead of 10k service next week but is it something they can rectify???

As Tango has already mentioned, it is a known problem. see http://is350.grantham-international.com/tsib.html

The one you want is NV003-006. Lexus Bolton sorted mine and it's now deathly quiet. So much so that my father-in-law (who drives my old IS200) remarks that my car is so quiet whenever he's in it.

• 2 weeks later...

No more rattles! Horraar...

When in for 10k service mentioned the rattle and Lexus Exeter were more than familiar with it. Apparently an 8 hour job so kept car for 2 days but seems to have done the trick. All covered by warranty so just the £143 10k service bill to settle. Had 220D SE as courtesy car - I must admit I was pleased to get mine back!

Can't fault the service received so far... long may it continue.

No more rattles! Horraar...

When in for 10k service mentioned the rattle and Lexus Exeter were more than familiar with it. Apparently an 8 hour job so kept car for 2 days but seems to have done the trick. All covered by warranty so just the £143 10k service bill to settle. Had 220D SE as courtesy car - I must admit I was pleased to get mine back!

Can't fault the service received so far... long may it continue.

My Horraar has turned into Horror and then Horraar many a time!! It still rattles, comes and goes like the proverbial after umpteen visits, dash out jobs etc. I just don't want anyone to touch it again. I'm living with it now...but I will be glad to see the back of this car eventually! It's been in for more warranty work than any other car I've ever owned, and that includes all of the German ones put together.

For now it's running like a dream though. Not a squeak in 2 weeks. The rattles have gone as it's become colder (anyone noticed??), but I dread spring...it'll be just in time for the 2nd service come March...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links