Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Car

theaccordman

Hello to all Aristo V300 Vertex owners

I have just bought my 1st Vertex edition yesterday and I need some advice.

I'm thinking of some modifications straight away. With the car running standard boost and has no modifications. I'm after modifications to help the turbos spool up and work better and harder. Would you guys think a stronger head gasket and cam belt set up would protect my VVTi 2JZ engine under hard acceleration. It only has 45.000 miles so quite a young engine. I hear a dump valve would protect my turbos and an intercooler set up would create more Hp.

If you guys who have performance Aristos can point me in the right direction this will be great. :D

Hi, and well done on buying a fine car :D

No need to change the head gasket unless you've got a problem with it or you're taking the head off, as it is already of the metal type.

Strengthened cambelts are a bit of waste of money aswell IMHO.

If you want more boost, you need to decat fully, colder plugs and change the fuel pump, and go to a max of 1.2Bar

You already have a dump valve, so no need to go aftermarket unless it's not holding, or you want a dump to atmosphere one.

You also already have an intercooler, which is a side mount, you could go for a front mount, but for the expense at this level tune, the benefits are negligible.

Do a Google search for aristo boost and see what that brings up.

Did final test drive to check all parts of the car are ok.

No smoke, no rattles and the turbos work perfectly. For a standard tune car it flew. Under the oil cap was typical muck no sign of head gasket issues or oil issues. The oil was so clear on the dipstick puts my old Honda to shame. Auto box oil was excellent too.

Next Saturday I will be picking up my 2000 W reg Aristo V300 Vertex edition. Sweet.

Who should I use to buy parts and mods? Can you leave feedback on who is the best and most pro companies to use to modify my new Toyota. If you are the companies please introduce yourself so I can get to know you all better and find out what shows you attend and I'll get down or up when I can.

Cheers everyone

Thank you.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links