Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Stone Magnet ?

Ok Groan ....... groan !!!! yet another post about stone chips....

I know this has been done to death and I have to say I am also amazed how easily my Lexus has chipped too, but ......

Has anyone else noticed that their Lexus appears to attract stones like a magnet? I have been driving for years and I cannot remember any car being hit by so many stones. The windscreen, the roof the bonnet - why??

I am driving on "normal" roads that I have driven on for ages but I have now had 6 or 7 really loud bangs on my roof and screen etc from stones thrown up from the road.

This is the daft question - Does anyone think that there is something in the aero-dynamics of the car that almost "attracts" the stones to the car? :withstupid:

Interested to know if anyone else has found this too.

B

My car HAD lots and lots of stone chips. Even the softest, lightest stone would mark my paintwork. :sad:

Well...I had a Chipsaway bloke on my car today (in the pouring rain :angry: ) and he has done a fantastic job. He hasn't quite finished yet as the rain got heavier so he's coming back next week to finish it off.

I'm well chuffed now :P :D

Wonder how long it'll be until I get my first stone chip again? :(

bad news guys. i've heard loads about this subject.............

done just under 4500 miles since september when i got the car and i aint got one...............................yet.

sure i will though

I've done 4500 since December - I got my first stone chip driving from the dealer to my house and a small chip on the windsreen on the 2nd day !!!

The roof has been hit at least twice - both times leaving a small scratch which luckily polished out eachh time.

B

My car HAD lots and lots of stone chips. Even the softest, lightest stone would mark my paintwork. :sad:

Well...I had a Chipsaway bloke on my car today (in the pouring rain :angry: ) and he has done a fantastic job. He hasn't quite finished yet as the rain got heavier so he's coming back next week to finish it off.

I'm well chuffed now :P :D

Your giving your motor a lot of TLC at the moment Ifraz, new tyres, sports grille, new wheels, paint work,, the list goes on & on ...........

I'm well chuffed now :P  :D

Your giving your motor a lot of TLC at the moment Ifraz, new tyres, sports grille, new wheels, paint work,, the list goes on & on ...........

I know...my credit card shows the proof :hehe::sick:

There was a lot of small things that I wanted to get sorted and I've finally got them all done. Thanks to Zee, I've got my new wheels on today...so much better :P

Thanks to Chris Shipley, I got my sports grill, which made a big improvement to the front. I'm well pleased with it. Also getting my new rear lip spoiler from Chris sometime soon :D

The biggest finance killer this month was my car insurance :(

Maybe Zee can help me sort out an inetrest free credit card with free balance transfer ;) :D

I wonder why lorries carrying grit/gravel/whatever aren't required to cover their loads with tarpaulins/whatever by law.

I regularly see lorries tanking down roads scattering their load of stones behind them as they go. Then it's decision time, hang back and face the inevitable ching! of chips been thrown up in their wake, or approach and try and get past, running the close range gauntlet of stone chips (and inevitably large wheels throwing up more stones).

It's a nightmare for those of us wanting to look after our cars, but more importantly, it's also very dangerous - these stone chips are like bullets and shattered windows and stone chips are just some of the problems they can cause.

I wonder how many serious accidents they cause?

<rant over>

Nige

I have had a long conversation with an auto paint speialist here in Oxford, the funny thing is that Lexus use the best quality paint for the cars, the problem arises with the laquer that they use. I have had my eyebrows and tailcovers done in the same paint but with top of the ranghe laquer and they are bullet proof. With that in mind I have booked my car in for a total re-spray when i have the new bumper Grill and Lip delivered and they are going to use better laquer, they have promised me that the front end will be nearly bullett proff after this!!

Si

When I was a full time planning officer travelling towards landfills and mineral extraction sites because I was in the vicinity of HGV's every car I had suffered a cracked windscreen. I hardly ever saw the stones.

Now I have returned for 2 days a week I use the office car and not the Lexus. So far the Lexus has stood up well to ordinary motoring. I must add that on reading the web site just before Christmas I went into the garage to examine my bonnet. An item from a ladder extension fell onto the bonnet so I had the dent filled and a complete bonnet respray. The bonnet has been polished with MER.

Concerning lorries some planning conditions for the specific sites require that all loads be covered , some lorry operators also do it as good practice but sad to say it is not mandatory for all lorries.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links