Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 400 Radio Backlighting

hello all can anyone be kind enough to give me some info on how to sort out the backlight on my radio its murder at night i cant see the display or any of the damned buttons , is it a diy job or a little more involved any info would be really helpfull thanks .

rick.

hello all can anyone be kind enough to give me some info on how to sort out the backlight on my radio its murder at night i cant see the display or any of the damned buttons , is it a diy job or a little more involved any info would be really helpfull thanks .

rick.

Hi rick,,,Ive got the very same problem!, hopefully someone will have a solution !

cheers

rick.

Hi rick,,,Ive got the very same problem!, hopefully someone will have a solution !

cheers

Hi, Yes I have the same problem also. its awkward at night, but apart from that it spoils the look of the dash, it is just the backlight on the radio affected but I dont think it is a slmple job like replacing a bulb!.I shall be watching this post carefully in the hope that a "Bright Spark" will know the answer. Kind Regards

Chris Vince will be along shortly (or contact him on here)

Autosound, 4 Lister Street, Bradford BD4 9PQ if total job needed

Hi Vince. Whats this? Are you saying you can repair this radio backlight problem???????????

rick.

i sorted my problem with radio backlighting and blinking dash for the grand price of 24pence and a hour of my time 2yrs back on a mk2, have to look up what i did and i will post the fix up later ok

rick.

i sorted my problem with radio backlighting and blinking dash for the grand price of 24pence and a hour of my time 2yrs back on a mk2, have to look up what i did and i will post the fix up later ok

Hii I read that post, Amazing! There is no way I could attempt that due to my disability. Would you be interested in fixing the problem for me? I'll Pay you of course! (a bit more than the 24p. lol)

• 3 weeks later...

rick.

hi

I have the very same problem - if you could please let us know how to fix i would very grateful

regards

miq

rick.

hi

I have the very same problem - if you could please let us know how to fix i would very grateful

regards

miq

Hi

Will do!

rick.

Hii I read that post, Amazing! There is no way I could attempt that due to my disability. Would you be interested in fixing the problem for me? I'll Pay you of course! (a bit more than the 24p. lol)

its been a couple of years since i did this fix and just found the info again for what i did to fix it,i originally was just sorting my flicky dash lites and whilst sorting that it also sorted out my backlighting BONUS lol. right here goes hope i mind it all. you will need to source out 3 capacitors from a electronic store,i got mine from maplin at a cost of 11pence each(wow the expence hehe) the caps are 16v/10uf, 25v/4.7uf ,and 50v/10uf. first u have to remove dash and get to the circuit boards thes 2 of them a small one and a large one the 16v/10uf is located on the small one identifyed by the code c212 so unsolder this then resolder new one in place. on the large board the 25v/4.7uf is coded c142 and the 50v/10uf is c147 unsolder old then resolder new ones in place. im not great at soldering but managed to do it so u shudnt have to much of aproblem,or get a auto electrican to do it for u at a cost. it took me about 1 nhalf hours to do this myself and cost me less yhan 40pence in parts, i have a diagram of the circuit board and how to remove dash if ur not sure how to extract dash without damaging it. hope this helps. it made my day when i sourced this info and sorted it myself as lexus quoted me £1200 to replace dash p.s this was done on a ls400 1993 mk2..pps heres the circuit board layout with caps highlighted http://apaqdigital.com/ls400/instrument_circuit.jpg here the other link on how to remove cluster www.lexls.com/tutorials/electrical/instrumentcluster.html .............. highlite this then copy and paste as icant get it to link on this page coz me stupid when it comes to computers so the mrs says

Hi,

I have tried to find the source of the radio backlighting supply but came to a dead end at connector block #3 but it would seem that when you turn the lights on it is in some way connected to the dashboard providing the illumination supply to the radio.

I will have a look tomorrow and check the supply to the backlights, if it is 12v it shouldn't be too much of a problem to supply this from another source if the dash is presently working OK.

Hi,

I have tried to find the source of the radio backlighting supply but came to a dead end at connector block #3 but it would seem that when you turn the lights on it is in some way connected to the dashboard providing the illumination supply to the radio.

I will have a look tomorrow and check the supply to the backlights, if it is 12v it shouldn't be too much of a problem to supply this from another source if the dash is presently working OK.

the original problem i had was blinky dash and radio back lighting not illuminating when lights put on, i went to sort blinky dash out and as a bonus sorted the backlighting im not sure which capacitor does what but for 11pence each and a few minutes soldering its worth doing the 3 of them the extracting of the dash takes up the most of the time

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links