Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2.5tt What Are Main Faults?

dave1

Seen a Soarer 2.5TT for sale and rang the seller. He says turbos were reconditioned 3 yrs ago. What are the things I should look out for? Also I thought they were around 270 bhp, but this is advertised as 320 bhp. Also how much better is performance than Series 1 300 Sport.

Seen a Soarer 2.5TT for sale and rang the seller. He says turbos were reconditioned 3 yrs ago. What are the things I should look out for? Also I thought they were around 270 bhp, but this is advertised as 320 bhp. Also how much better is performance than Series 1 300 Sport.

he may have hybrids fitted if not the bhp figure is wrong.

I had one for a while and all it needed was a rear main seal which is not a lot to buy but 5 hours to fit.

Excellent car & engine. Very quick.

Look at elecrics ...LED dash etc

can get the power uprated quite easily & cheaply

The TT Soarer is 285 bhp, they are very quick as standard but many owners tune them to a little over 300 relatively cheaply and some convert to a big single turbo in search of 400+. For owners with deeper pockets it doesn't stop there.

Common faults are blinky dash, worn lower control arm bushes, air con compressor, skipping CD player, splits in door trims, condensation in headlamps and sticking brake calipers but you can find good examples with most or all of the work done for £2-3k. Properly maintained they are very reliable with Supra like performance for half the price.

Soarers are well appointed. My 1991 V8 Limited has an equipment level comparable to the recently acquired 2001 GS 430. The TT is a bit more of a 'drivers' car. Manual transmission is rare and attracts a premium.

The 4.0 V8 is the one to have but half of the Soarer community would disagree with that statement. :)

On the original question, the stock soarer feels quick but when you take it to the Pod you find that it isn't particularly. You need to spend big money for serious power but it is a bargain if you are happy with sub-300bhp and you get one with all the common problems done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links