Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Other Hobbies Do People Here Have Outside Of Lexus?

TigerFish

For me it is aquariums. I've been keeping fish since I was 8 years old so knocking on the door of being in the hobby for 30 years. I'm having to downsize a wee bit at the moment due to an nearing house move down south. Some stuff is going with me, most isn't though.

What is going:

6'x2'x2' 150 gallons freshwater. This is my freshwater "shark" tank. Most of the fish are asian/african fish. The black shark is a gnats knacker under 2 feet long. Once the move is over, this tank will be ditched and a 9'x2.5'x3' tank will be built.

post-20-11536151451.jpg

40 gallon salt water Reef Tank

post-21-11912640851.jpg

Ones that are going :(

5ft 75 gallon freshwater. The striped fish is one of the reasons for my username, an Indonesian Tigerfish

post-20-11702004451.jpg

42 gallon freshwater

42G3.jpg

30 Gallon planted

post-20-11567046610.jpg

there are also another 5 tanks to breakdown plus a shed load of empty tanks in the garage to sell.

I too used to have tropical fish, but only two tanks, one with a mixture and one with Cichlids, I used to spend hours looking at them, but moved to a smaller property so they had to go.

Hobbies now are driving Alison's Exmoor pony to shows most of the Summer, our last one this year will be beginning of Dec, will have to leave @ 5.30 am to get there.

Fine wines is another passion, but damn expensive at times, and Foreign travel, go twice a year, just come back from Ahmets neck of the woods :winky:

i am into fish also. been keeping them for about 10 years now.

currently only have the one tank running.

an 70 gallon salt water tank, which is home to a LARGE porcupine puffer (spikez :whistling: ), a dog-faced puffer, a tessalata eel (replaced my moray eel about 1 year ago), a very mean miniatus grouper and a huma huma trigger.

I run an overhead JEBO filtration system with small external sump and protein skimmer.

Its hard work (especially over in this country), but i love it to bits!!

My dads 2 tanks in the USA are awesome!!! He has one coral/reef tank set up, with all sorts of clowns, wrasses, etc etc and one shark and ray tank (mainly blue spotted rays and banded/tiger sharks).......pretty cool indeed!!!

I'm a photographer and lecturer outside of LOC. My web is www.keithwylie.co.uk if anyone wants to see (shameless plug!!!)

My other main hobby is shopping. I like spending lots of money on frivolous and expensive things haha! One day I'll save money.... one day!

Oh and I'm a kayaker also.

Keith :)

I'm a photographer and lecturer outside of LOC. My web is www.keithwylie.co.uk if anyone wants to see (shameless plug!!!)

My other main hobby is shopping. I like spending lots of money on frivolous and expensive things haha! One day I'll save money.... one day!

have you seen this months photo competition :whistling:

have you seen this months photo competition :whistling:

Don't spread the word, i'm winning that at the minute ;)

I am another keeper of fish. Only ever run the one tank & at the moment just a few fish neons & gouramis. Thinking of Angel fish next. Other hobbies is the gym, whisky & red wines (well you got to enjoy life) & supporting Glasgow Rangers FC :D

Running an overclocked PC and PC gaming in general is (was??) my hobby.

However it has been made abundantly clear to me that my new purchase of a PC will cause arguments and I won't see my daughter growing up cos I will be upstairs playing Bioshock. *sigh*

so no, no other hobbies at the moment.

This is my other hobby apart from drinking and eating...

TheFleet_004.JPG

Wow, that looks so cool. I'd love an RC chopper. I've got a couple of cars and a boat which I haven't used in years and are in bits is the garage - the car engine kept stalling and the boat was slow. I want a helicopter!!!!

The other love in my life is Field Archery

Great fun and it obviously involves archery but unlike what most peoples idea of archery is, i.e. shooting at big round targets on dead flat ground at set distances, Field Archery involves shooting not in flat fields but in woodlands, uphill, downhill, over rivers, down cliffs

Unlike target archery where the targets are all at set distances, and all nicely marked out, the targets we shoot can range from field mouse size a few yards away to elephants over 140 yards away, and a large part of teh skill is in judging the distance so you get the arrow trajectory right

and we don't shoot at pretty roundel targets we shoot at either 2D pictures or life size rubber animals

They are not real animals and we are not hunters, nor inhumane, it purely simulates the skills of old type archery

Info on my club is at www.toadhollowarchers.org

TheFleet_004.JPG

Nice one Jase, I used to have 2 helicopters and three planes a few years back, have since sold them.

Nice to see a piccolo again, don't see them around too often, excellent for indoor fun :)

My hobbies are mainly sports, football, badminton, cycling, swimming, rugby etc etc

I am in training for a triathlon next year but with college my training has taken a step back but will do my best. Money prohibits any expensive hobbies but if i could i'd like to do rock climbing and learn to fly a plane.

TheFleet_004.JPG

Nice one Jase, I used to have 2 helicopters and three planes a few years back, have since sold them.

Nice to see a piccolo again, don't see them around too often, excellent for indoor fun :)

Hehe - from left to right:

Gaui EP100

Align Trex450 SE (V1)

ThunderTiger Raptor Titan 50 (V3)

I used to practice it aswell back in France, I even created a website for it : www.tircampagne.org

I have been practicing archery from 1993 to 2006 where my involvment in other stuff did not let me enough time for it

My other main activity is a casting agency for car events in France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Netherlands

nothing spectaclualr for me like, my hobbies are generally to do with sports, maily football.

I play Sunday through to Thursday, Saturday im usually watching Sheffield Wednesday both home and away (dont laugh!). Oh drinking is also great fun lol. I also enjoy playing the odd computer game when i have the time. hmm i really am quite boring haha

I used to practice it aswell back in France, I even created a website for it : www.tircampagne.org

I have been practicing archery from 1993 to 2006 where my involvment in other stuff did not let me enough time for it

My other main activity is a casting agency for car events in France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Netherlands

We have had a few invites to go and shoot field in France, but not had a chance to get there when a competition was on,,, so far

Our club has German Honorary members and are hoping to get to Nuremburg to shoot their competition next year, as they came to ours last August

If you get down this way come and bring your bow and have a few goes on our practice course

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links