Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got Flashed By A Speed Camera

corsavandal

What are the Blue cameras that seem to be popping up everywhere?

The Big yellow boxes are Gatsos, with analogue (35mm film), they get your from behind. The smaller yellow ones are digital and have an internet connection - they never run out of film!

The blue ones that have a yellow plate that faces you are Tru-velo. They use induction loops rather than radar to detect your speed. They use an infra-red flash so as not to blind you, and were introduced so that you couldn't use the "Ferguson defence" where you claim you were not the driver. They are digital, too.

SPECS (average speed cameras) tend to be on gantries which are painted yellow.

The Cobalt-blue cameras are traffic master - they don't detect speed, just read your plate for traffic flow information.

What are the Blue cameras that seem to be popping up everywhere?

The Big yellow boxes are Gatsos, with analogue (35mm film), they get your from behind. The smaller yellow ones are digital and have an internet connection - they never run out of film!

The blue ones that have a yellow plate that faces you are Tru-velo. They use induction loops rather than radar to detect your speed. They use an infra-red flash so as not to blind you, and were introduced so that you couldn't use the "Ferguson defence" where you claim you were not the driver. They are digital, too.

SPECS (average speed cameras) tend to be on gantries which are painted yellow.

The Cobalt-blue cameras are traffic master - they don't detect speed, just read your plate for traffic flow information.

arent these traffic cameras so they can see flow of the traffic etc?

Good luck you little vandal!

Drive sensibly next time, whether or not you get away with this one... Take it as a warning :)

Jamie

:lol: you're about the millienth person to say that! I only sped up to make it through an amber light. but no excuses i know, i can only put it down to kama (not the sutra type). My sensible driving for 4 years has been rewarded with this let off.

The postal strike may of only been for 48 hrs......but imagine how much post is ready to be picked up and sorted, it may take a few days for the postie to sort it.

But im sure you will be o.k........hopefully!!

still havent had anything through the post from them though. But i have had my new pin number for the mastercard through which was requested last wednesday!

Who knows, i just hope i have been fortunate enough to have got away with it as 3 points (even if they are my only 3) will increase my insurance loads come renewal in January.

don't want to upset you but my wife just received a birthday card today 12 days after her birthday, and it was sent a couple of days before that, so some post is 2 weeks delayed. Hopefully you won't get a ticket.

one bit of advice i have read is if you do receive a NIP keep the envelope it came in and check the date, as I believe there is not only a time limit for you to receive but also for them to issue the NIP.

If you do receive a letter no need to panic. over 90% of people who argue their case win! Just dont pay without questioning them first. Send a letter back detailing that you were not speeding. Ask for information like, when was the camera last calibrated (i believe this has to be done every 48hours now) who calibrated it. What qualifications they have in calibration etc...ect... there are many sites on this if you have a look. Ive been flashed 4 times now and have argued everytime and won everytime. there is always a loop hole somewhere. like photos always have to be sent with letters now with a clear picture of driver. Few years ago this was not the case and I simply said someone had copied my number plate, and I accounted for where i was when the incident happened. Not enough evidence against me. (this does not work if you have a the body modified-your car stands out)

Good luck

MR

If you do receive a letter no need to panic. over 90% of people who argue their case win! Just dont pay without questioning them first. Send a letter back detailing that you were not speeding. Ask for information like, when was the camera last calibrated (i believe this has to be done every 48hours now) who calibrated it. What qualifications they have in calibration etc...ect... there are many sites on this if you have a look. Ive been flashed 4 times now and have argued everytime and won everytime. there is always a loop hole somewhere. like photos always have to be sent with letters now with a clear picture of driver. Few years ago this was not the case and I simply said someone had copied my number plate, and I accounted for where i was when the incident happened. Not enough evidence against me. (this does not work if you have a the body modified-your car stands out)

Good luck

MR

has anyone else had experience of this? - as i recieved and NIP and was thinking of asking for evidence and checking that its all proovable -as im not a 100% i was speeding (... although it is possible :shutit:)

will contesting it/asking for evidence mean having to go to court? - what are the good websites for info on this?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links