Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

World Pay ---thieving Gits A Raaaaaaaaaant

Dave-Ellen

Title says it all really.

Worldpay doi the credit card side of things with my website.

They take 6% off all payments and only release them to me after 6 weeks.

Thats bad enough but I take it on the chin(s)

However a while ago someone bought a TTE s/c and worldpay said it was probably a fraud cases (they match address/billing address/delivery addres etc) I withheld s/c and said what do I do with the £1750 for the s/c .......no reply. Money duly credited to me (after 6 weeks)

3 months later got "fined" £100 admin fee and all future payments withheld as the person frauded had complained (withheld until £1750 balance cleared) queried this and told i should have refunded the money...........OK lesson learned.

Today got my remittance advice been docked £154 for another fraud transaction (£3400) wg=hich i did not send out and refunded immediatley.........

So I get "done" for the £154 when I actually did nothing but was a retailer who fell victim to a attempted fraud.............

whole thing stinks...............

NOT HAPPY

and I thought PayPal on Ebay was a pain for a trader.

That is truly diabolical.

Sorry to hear this Dave.

on that lot of crooks...............sold some stuff to someone in Croydon. they had choice of normal or recorded post. took normal...............i had proof of posting. said they didnt get it went to paypal..............who docked me the full costs.................

I can prove i sent it.....................

tis other customers who pay as I pass the loss on with higher costs..........

So I get "done" for the £154 when I actually did nothing but was a retailer who fell victim to a attempted fraud.............

So they've charged 6% even though it was refunded! Even PayPal refund their cut when you perform refunds, don't they?

That's shocking. Time to shop around, I reckon, then you can tell WorldPay to f*** off. Try Protx, Google Checkout, Netbanx, Barclaycard Business or Nochex to start with.

i feel your pain, i run an e-commerce site myself and the whole fraud thing is a nightmare.. we tried paypal (that sucked) world pay was just as bad and now we use protx

the system is VSP and its quite simple really, providing the VSP check gives me all green lights and i follow the rules i can send goods with no fear at all, if it does come back as fraud at a later date then protx deal with it.. not me.

there are down sides though. its so strict that a lot of genuine orders are delayed or refused because of the posibility of fraud.... we lost over £90k last year in fraud orders though so its worth it for us.

hope you manage to find something that works for you mate,

thats pretty bad.

the company i work for use world pay, the money gets held for 2 week, and the charge is a hell of a lot less!

i security check all our orders, if they come back a bit dodgy we ask the buyer to send proof like a bill. if they dont get back within 7-10days we refund the order.

does world pay let you see the security check? i get to see it kinda like this:

card address: matched

post code: matched

country issuer: not checked

security code: not supported

if any one of them dont match, i check up the ip address and contact them.

i use cybersource at work, however they act as the middleman to Barclays Merchant services to do the web bit. Barclays epdq system i used to use charged .75% on top of the 1.5% barclays merchant services charged for the transaction. Now cybersource send the transaction to BMS and they only charge about 10p a transaction, no matter the amount. BMS still charge me the 1.5% but it works out way cheaper. Never had a problem with fraud, although must admit most of my customers are established and repeat orders, but we do deal with anyone, so open to get hit. maybe just lucky so far. Definately worth checking out cybersource and see if they have a solution that could work for you.

Thanks for all the helpful comments.

Update is I have changed my settings with worldpay so I have to accept the order before worldpay take the money from the customer. They say this is better as I can do the checks myself. Downside is I only have 5 days to do all the checks (should be OK aside from when I'm away)

They also agreed to refund the charges on the transaction in question if I did that.

I will though look at other options as mentioned above ASAP.

Thanks again

I used worldpay for 3yrs, stoped due to charges increasing and due to the 30days it took to get the money cleared into my account.

I went to Streamline clears in 3 days. However for e-commerce i would also look at paypals new attractions

just had an email from paypal...........something sent in august is alleged to have been not received

why did they wait until nearly November to make the chargeback request ? No contact from customer either...............here we go again

• 1 month later...

Got another one..........sold a manifold to someone in Hull.

Sent by parcelforce 48 hour

2 weeks after it was sent got an email asking if I'd sent it.

Said yes ...ages ago...........heres the tracking number.

nothing heard in return

2 weeks later get a complaint from paypal about non delivery so responded giving tacking number & info (2 attempted drops made card left and at local POFF)

their response was it was not their job to contact parcelforce...they escal;ated claim asking for money back

i sent tracking number off again and am waiting for paypal response.............

if i "lose" this one I think I will sue Paypal as what more can I do...........

TBH I think the guy found the same product cheaper and is trying to get out of the deal that way

I'd get in touch with Trading Standards or Consumer Direct, they should be able to tell you where you stand. Whatever they tell you, pass this information onto the "customer" and PayPal. They may tell you, for example, that it's now the customer's duty to collect the item from the post office. If you've sent the goods to an address given by the customer, and they've then cancelled the payment, that's theft. Or fraud. In either case, he's in trouble.

Is it a member on here? No need to name and shame, just a simple yes/no.

I'd get in touch with Trading Standards or Consumer Direct, they should be able to tell you where you stand. Whatever they tell you, pass this information onto the "customer" and PayPal. They may tell you, for example, that it's now the customer's duty to collect the item from the post office. If you've sent the goods to an address given by the customer, and they've then cancelled the payment, that's theft. Or fraud. In either case, he's in trouble.

Is it a member on here? No need to name and shame, just a simple yes/no.

he / she is on the supra forums and said they'd slag me off over there.......

thanks for the advice..........waiting for the customers response to paypal which is due any day now

If they start slagging you off over there, just post a link to this topic, and everyone there can come over and judge for themselves. Hell, post the tracking number so they can check it out for themselves!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links