Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Tyre Wear

tt65

Hi All

Our 2004 IS200 is suffering from excessive tyre wear on front tyres from new. The wear mainly occurs on the inner edges and are having to be replaced at about 15000 miles. Neither the wife nor I either accelerate, brake or corner in a hard fashion.

Tracking was checked by Lexus but seems to be no change.

Tyres are Potenza 215/45ZR17 and are maintained at recommended pressures

Cany any one help to improve on this?

Thanks

Tim

Lexus UK refuse to admit that there is a problem with the Setting as supplied to Lexus dealers

and to Tyre/Exhaust Fast Fit shops. They may well take ages trying t6o perfectly align your car,

they have carefully aligned your car to settings that have been proven to be the cause of the

dreaded inner front tyre wear.

Also it is now suggested that you use 35psi all round.

Speak to Tony @ wheels-inmotion.co.uk

and he will explain what he does and why he does it. He is based at Helmel Hempstead, but

as testament to his abilities LOC members have travelled to him from ALL over the country

to have him set up the IS200/300.

If you look at his signature it will tell you how many he has set up

(I just looked IS200's set so far:- 251).

Give him a call on WIM Head Office - 01442 400461

It will normally take between 60-90 minutes, but the cost (aprox £100) you will see is well worth

it , just by a 5 minute drive of your car after he is finished.

The tyre wear problem is 100% correctable but not if you use the original Lexus Geometry positions.

Unfortunately Lexus got it wrong hence the endless problems owners have regarding front tyre wear.

wim re-wrote the positions some years ago.... If needs be we can make them available to you.

I had the exact same problem and was going through three full sets of tyres a year. In fact i didn't even realise they sere scrubbing on the inside until one tyre blew out whilst driving.

Paid a visit to the doc at WIM last week and fingers crossed, everything looks OK. He showed me how bad the camber is on the front wheels and explained all about the changes he made. Just got to pop back after 2,000 miles but it looks good so far. Oh and i traveled from Manchester for this service on the back of recommendations on this site. cost £100 for the service and will save me a fortune in tyres. :D