Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tesco Fuel And Club Card Points

Steve

I was wondering something about club card points and "pay at pump" pumps.

Procedure is

1. Put club card into pump

2. put credit card into pump then remove once authorised

3. start filling

4. put pump down

5. Just before leaving pop your club card in again

would the next persons fuel reward your card?

:shifty: :shifty:

Im guessing a company that makes 4K profit every second of every day has got that one bottomed down.

If you're that keen on collecting points - you could always hang around the forecourt and pretend to be an assistant - then everytime someone pulls up, swipe your card in and ask if they would like you to fill 'em up.

After a few hours you could have some serious points :)

Hmm, they may make some hilarously large amount of profit, but they seem to employ apes so maybe they haven't cottoned on yet. My local Tesco petrol station (A4123 Dudley is anyone's interested) is an irritating place to fill up. The pumps are painfully slow, they cut out when you get to £55 or thereabouts so you have to reset and go again, they employ a bunch of primates that sit behind the counter with all the charm and sophistication of a whoopee cushion and go there later at night and you're queueing for ages behind the boy racers with their maxed out Saxos looking like a bunch of pillocks and playing some unfathomable music so it drowns out Classic FM from my stereo. Damn I'm getting old!!!

edit - I realise I didn't add anything useful to the debate, I just had a rant about Tesco's! Sorry!

One thing i noticed yesterday is fill your car at Tesco and as soon as you have filled your tank press the red cancel button. The screen then displays 'fueling canceled your card has not been charged'. Then put the pump back.

Surly this cant be free fuel! I will check my credit card statement when it comes :D

This worked at the Tesco in Leyland!

One thing i noticed yesterday is fill your car at Tesco and as soon as you have filled your tank press the red cancel button. The screen then displays 'fueling canceled your card has not been charged'. Then put the pump back.

Surly this cant be free fuel! I will check my credit card statement when it comes :D

This worked at the Tesco in Leyland!

Id be careful on that mate.....it would probably show inside that the petrol has not been paid for, therefore you have filled and run :unsure:....@ Stev, would you not need to lift the nozzle for it to accept the club card?

I assume the chance of the next filler upper sticking their club card in after yours would cancel your sneaky swipe anyway, or if the next person fills up and pays at kiosk, that would also cancel yours, i'm guessing, worth a try tho

• 2 months later...

The second time you put your card in is for verification Steve. You may get a lot of vouchers but have you noticed all the offers that have gone from their website. Last year we got cheap flights and car-parking for our main holiday, but that has all gone now. Even the car-hire is going soon.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links