Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi all

Well its two years now since I bought my first 250 SE-L so it was off down the dealer to see what my options were..

I really wanted the Sports suspension but wanted an Auto cus I do loads of miles on motorways and thought that it wasn't an option, well I was wrong you can have the Sport with its slightly lowered suspension 18" alloys and an Auto box, plus its almost the same spec as the SE-L minus the wood trim and full leather however the alternative suede looks good and is less slippery and probably better in the summer. And its over a grand cheaper. So I just couldnt say no cant wait should be here in 5 weeks.

Hi,

I didn't know it was an option existed, I just chanced a remark at the dealers that I would like the Sport but "its a shame it doesnt have an auto box" when They told me that the combination had just been released, evidently it had been on the cards for some time jus no-one knew exactly when it was going to be.

Pricing..before Haggling...is the price of the Sport plus the price of the Auto box (from the SEL spc)

Like a muppet I didn't ask about diff ratios but I do know that the auto box is exactly the same, so It should perform the same as the SEL

Let you know what its like when I get it

Col

Hi,

I didn't know it was an option existed, I just chanced a remark at the dealers that I would like the Sport but "its a shame it doesnt have an auto box" when They told me that the combination had just been released, evidently it had been on the cards for some time jus no-one knew exactly when it was going to be.

Pricing..before Haggling...is the price of the Sport plus the price of the Auto box (from the SEL spc)

Like a muppet I didn't ask about diff ratios but I do know that the auto box is exactly the same, so It should perform the same as the SEL

Let you know what its like when I get it

Col

The auto box in the 250 is the same Toyota part number as the one in the 350, so it's not overly stressed in the 250...yet :winky:

thats actually pretty good news. I was assured that this was never going to happen coz i really wanted this spec !! What i would like to know is the rear passenger legroom increased as i found it to be a little tight. I currently have an IS 250 SE with auto and nav. 11000 miles 1.5 years old, how much do think i would get if i went for the new sport??

And you know why they did this of course ? .... Cos the manual 250's emissions (231 g/km) put it in the highest band for car tax (Band G) whereas the auto (214 g/km) is in Band F. This is currently £95 per annum difference. (Fortunately my sport manual was registered before March 23 2006 and is therefore deemed to be in band F :driving:). Will definitely be getting the Auto next time!

thats actually pretty good news. I was assured that this was never going to happen coz i really wanted this spec !! What i would like to know is the rear passenger legroom increased as i found it to be a little tight. I currently have an IS 250 SE with auto and nav. 11000 miles 1.5 years old, how much do think i would get if i went for the new sport??

Hi,

Sorry I cant answer that yet since its not due for about another 4 weeks but I promise I will update you when it arrives. I will also do an instant update on the differences between the SEL and the Sport cus I will be getting out of one and into the other so it should be a reasonable comparison certainly in terms of handling and overall 'feel'

Colin

Hi,

Sorry I cant answer that yet since its not due for about another 4 weeks but I promise I will update you when it arrives. I will also do an instant update on the differences between the SEL and the Sport cus I will be getting out of one and into the other so it should be a reasonable comparison certainly in terms of handling and overall 'feel'

Colin

Will there be any reason to feel a difference then? Not aware of any differences except cosmetic...bigger wheels, alloy pedal set and no leather etc. Thought the suspension was the same?

Hi,

Colin

Will there be any reason to feel a difference then? Not aware of any differences except cosmetic...bigger wheels, alloy pedal set and no leather etc. Thought the suspension was the same?

Hi Tango,

I had assumed that the Sport Auto would have the Sports Suspension a well as 18's I read about this somewhere but cant remember where it may just apply to the 350 which I know has an option for sports suspension and also has a limited slip diff.

I may be wrong and usually am ................according to the wife :D

Col

Hi,

Colin

Hi Tango,

I had assumed that the Sport Auto would have the Sports Suspension a well as 18's I read about this somewhere but cant remember where it may just apply to the 350 which I know has an option for sports suspension and also has a limited slip diff.

Col

Found it,

on the downlodable spec on the Lexus.co.uk website it says that the Sport is fitted with 'sport suspension' which will surely effect handling.

Col

Hi,

Colin

Hi Tango,

Col

Found it,

on the downlodable spec on the Lexus.co.uk website it says that the Sport is fitted with 'sport suspension' which will surely effect handling.

Col

Col,

The 350 is lower and has slightly stiffer springs than the 250 as standard, not as an option so at a guess I'd say the 250 Sport has the same set up as the 350. The US Eibach Pro Set Springs for the 350 has less drop than the set for the 250 for that reason...it's already lower.

I certainly noticed the difference on my SE-L when the Eibach's were fitted.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

As Promised an update on the Sport Auto: It Exists!

Well I picked it up a couple of hours ago and I am still grinning, cus its just georgeous (in my opinion)

Spec Wise versus my old SE-L Auto

Interior

Same as SE-L except.....

Not Leather seats but better sides on seat that hold you in better, slightly smaller headrests giving better visibility from back.

No cooled seats heated only but then again no tiny holes for those little white bits of fluff to get stuck in

Lexus have scolloped the front seats at the back and changed the map holder thingy, which has really increased the leg room in the back my son who is normally in the back of the SE-L says its a great improvement. Its a bit difficult to see in the Piccies below (old one first) but the seat goes in further than it did before hardly noticable but make a big difference.

post-5041-1195833137.jpgpost-5041-1195833100.jpg

No Wood but then it is a sport

No lit scuff plates

Sports pedals and foot rest in stainless

Car auto locks when you get above 5 Mph, Nice touch for stopping Hyjackers but I live in Dorset! probably look in the manual and swithch it off If I can

Handling Same as SE-L except....

The ride is slighly harder due to the lower profile tyres which are in fact 10mm wider than on the SE-L (255 not 245)

Whilst its really difficult to tell since this is new and my SE-L had 47K on the clock, the sports suspension seems to have less roll when cornering and generally feels better, but the ride is harder (thats lexus harder) which is still luxurious.

The wheels are 18" and not as shown in most showrooms where they are silver they are in fact more gun metal in colour Piccies below again not easy to see but on the car much nicer

post-5041-1195833606.jpgpost-5041-1195833634.jpg

Other than that its just about the same anyway to be honest and dont take this personal I have got better things than write this ...................and its currently sat on the drive :D

if you have any other questions more than happy to oblige or if I discover anything else I will add to my post

see ye

Col

Hi Tango,

Col

Col,

Glad your pleased with the new car :) I originally wanted the Sport, but also the leather, although wasn't too bothered about auto or manual. Got the SE-L with all the toys and then added all the Sports bits and then some, but in retrospect I'm really glad it's an auto :D

....and just found out the IS350 doesn't have a LSD, although TOM's sell one as a retrofit.

Hi,

Sorted out the Hyjack mode, you can turn it off if you wish but it actually has two modes one is speed set the other is when park is selected which is the one I have just changed it to. Now when I take it out of park the doors lock but when I put it in park the doors unlock.

Will take some piccies when the sun comes out

Col

just got my new SE-L about 3 weeks back and it seems then that the only difference now is the sport suspension and lack of wood trim / ventilated seats.... all the other changes are on the new se-l and the 18 inchers are an option.

the ride is bound to be stiffer / harder with the sports suspension (i guess thats the whole point)...

was there a price difference?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links