Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Leaving Lexus

I really like the volvo S40

its either newer model of lexus or one of the volvos

what do you think

IMG_5189.JPG

I'm thinking of leaving too, but not for a Volvo :whistling:

2060927008mini8lhw0.jpg

I bought a volvo S40 2.0D last month. Its so far been fantastic! Does drink quite abit when you give it some, bought it for long journeys and for the girlfriend to use when she passes her test. Not the quietest diesel around but is fast in a straight line. I say that, as it would be better in rear wheel drive, when powering away your not fully in control when turning, the understeer has caught me out a few times, but some serious tyres on it would probably prevent the tyres skipping on the road as much. The volvo has a great engine and plenty of room for me (6"5) though little room behind me. But If i had to choose one I would choose a lexus, front wheels steer, rear wheels drive to me thats a good set up.

MR

always been a fan of volvo and have had a few T5s and the v70 2.5 diesal but to me the s40 has never been a real volvo ,it just lacks that volvo feel and is more like a vectra .thier is no choice here as the lexus is by far the best car to look at and to drive ,also the lex will hold its value better and turn more heads .

always been a fan of volvo and have had a few T5s and the v70 2.5 diesal but to me the s40 has never been a real volvo ,it just lacks that volvo feel and is more like a vectra .thier is no choice here as the lexus is by far the best car to look at and to drive ,also the lex will hold its value better and turn more heads .

Guess its what ever you want. Any mid range volvo feels different to the bigger models that are very similar to Audi,VW, and the new vectra is a great car except stupid understeer and the badge. The S40 is closer to what ive been looking for to drive daily, big cars dont do it for me, ill leave them to my dad. havent had a Lexus long but its a very confident car and as everyone is saying stick with Jap.

MR

• 2 months later...
I really like the volvo S40

its either newer model of lexus or one of the volvos

what do you think

IMG_5189.JPG

I'm thinking of leaving too, but not for a Volvo :whistling:

2060927008mini8lhw0.jpg

thats a nice looking motor that audi R8 tango some rich git near me has a new one and always drives it like an old fart on a sunday morning drive.... :tsktsk:

Spooky topic...I've been looking at a V50 for similar reasons. I'm a bit torn right now. My IS hasnt been reliable and I do more and more miles every year. I borrowed an IS250 auto and it was just sublime (cant say the same for the 220d which I borrowed which had an awful gearbox and a mirror that vibrated constantly...not what you'd expect from a lexus)...but if it's as thirsty as my current IS it will be a no-go :crybaby: