Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi From Driftworks

philmorrison

Hi there :). I've tried to register and post here a couple of times without success. Hopefully it works this time :)

Over the last couple of years, we at Driftworks have taken the Nissan blinkers off, and have owned a quite a few Toyota's and Lexi.

Currently we use a JZX81 Chaser in the European Drift Championship, and my 2008 car is a Nissan Silvia S15 with a 2JZGTE pushed back through the bulkhead 30cm's.

My daily driver list over the past year and a half has been a TT manual Soarer, a 400bhp JZS147, and I currently have a JZX100 Chaser, and a black JZS161 in need of some TLC after light crash damage.

I'm in need of a drivers side front wing, and a drivers front door handle if anyone knows of anyone breaking an Aristo or mk2 GS300 :)

Many thanks

Phil Morrison

Thanks for the welcome people :)

I didn't crash the JZS161, I bought it crash damaged, and I'll be making it into a pimp 6 speed street weapon as soon as I can find some funds from somewhere. I've got most of the bits to fix it, but I'm not paying nearly £100 which I've been quoted for a second hand door handle, and I can't even find a front wing anyway.

Here's a few pictures from our stable :)

My Manual Soarer

Soarer6.jpg

My JZS147

Aristo6.jpg

My JZX100

Chaser2.jpg

Chaser1c.jpg

My S15 Silvia with 2JZGTE (still a work in progress)

DW15shop2.jpg

And a quick pic taken during the build that shows the engine placement

mockIC5.jpg

Here's our JZX81

bonbon.jpg

Haha :D. Well I have a bit of experience in pulling standard arches to fit stupid wheels. This was an S13 200sx I made for a laugh. It has 18x13" ET-10 and 18x10.5" ET+2 :D. And yes, of course the Aristo will be done properly, and won't look anywhere near as stupid :winky:

S13wide.jpg

S134.jpg

Looks fantastic..... But dead in the water on a drift.

:offtopic: Ignoring the usual off-set fitment issues that plague the forums threads, how do you and DW deal with the real money topics regarding the suspension calibration?

Would you care to expand on any one particular area.... Say "lock angles" or even the TOOT (Ackerman gain).......

Personally i have achieved a TOOT gain of 3 degrees 30' (a bit tame) without major mods.... Although gains well in excess of this have been suggested.

Settings are someting that we keep quite close to our chests, but ackerman is not something that alot of people take into acount as they should.

Obviously we crave as much lock as is possible, and alot of people thing a 0* difference on full lock would be benificial. In our experience we need a bit of drag on the trailing front tyre, as it helps with faster approaches and slowing down on full lock into a corner.

On our new S15, we have some rather trick, and rather expensive roll centre corrected hub knuckles, that also change tie rod end mounting positions to improve the ackerman. We've yet to measure it on full lock yet, as the car hasn't been aligned yet, but on eye, it looks like it should be pretty perfect. Nothing matters until you see if it actually works on track though, so that'll be the moment of truth.

I understand what you are saying...... Since this is a competitive sport i was a victim of the miss-information from over the waters that defied logic and a lot wasted time in research....

I think here in the UK we now have a definitive approach but as you say this is not for the public gaze.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links