Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Having wanting to love the IS220d, after a test drive, I found it very disappointed and can not justify spending 20k + on a car i don't like driving. I love everything else about the Lexus IS (looks, equiptment, brand,etc), and now considering the IS250. It's not ideal as i do a lot of miles for work, and was trying to save money thru reduce road tax and fuel consumption with the IS220d. However, you can't put money on love as they say, for all those IS250 owners, what type of MPG are you getting, I'm sure the official figures are way off, so wanted figures from the real world. Are the autos really more economical than the manuals ?

I plan to use the car for work, so roughly about 15k miles a year, mostly motorway. But I do have local work sometimes, so would like info on both motorway driving and town.

I've just sold my car, and will need to replace it soon, or should I hang on till nov/dec. I've been told nov/dec is very quiet for car sales so should be able to haggle more as a cash buyer. Plus the spec I want IS250 SE-L MM Auto and used prices are only just within my price range.

Many thanks

David

I drive a manual IS250. 50% motorway, and 50% local driving. I tend to drive agressivly, looking for quick acceleration all the time. I get apx 27mpg.

So far my IS 250 SEL auto is averaging 37mpg after 3500 miles after the first 6 weeks of ownership. Obviously most of this is motorway miles but I am very impressed with this.

Hi ,

yes agree with you on the oil burner - as for mpg on my 2005 IS se-l 250 auto MM - the other half drives it in the week - mostly around town average mpg showing 28 somtimes 29 - but on the motorway zero the mpg count and I usualy see 37 -39 at 70 ish - very good autobox and lots of fun with the paddle change -had the same problem when looking at a company car - wanted to go for the Lexus oil burner ,then thought about a second IS250 but mpg on the new BMW320 d auto won it .

cheers

swager

Those are not bad figures for a 2.5 Auto, I think I gonna get one....but as they are more expensive than the 220d, I'll have to wait a few more months...hopeful around christmas when the forecourts are quiet, and when i can get the best deal. But I;m not sure I can wait that long :(....I want one now :)

Those are not bad figures for a 2.5 Auto, I think I gonna get one....but as they are more expensive than the 220d, I'll have to wait a few more months...hopeful around christmas when the forecourts are quiet, and when i can get the best deal. But I;m not sure I can wait that long :(....I want one now :)

I've done 4000 miles in my is 250 se and it averages 34 to the gallon all round, and I've noticed 40 + on a run. Wonderful car, couldn't be more pleased with it.

Hope you get yours soon and enjoy it as much as I do mine !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links