Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Metallic Paint / Headlamp Auto Leveler

Coup

Sorry for the potentially dumb questions but I purchased my first IS (2002 IS200 SE) this week so am still learning what's what.

Do the cars have metallic paint? The research I've done indicates no, but I need someone who knows what they're talking abouts opinion. My car has some light bodywork scratches but don't know if I need T-Cut original or T-Cut metallic.

Also, I am aware the car has a sensor which automatically adjusts the level of the headlights to avoid dazzling other motorists, however there is also a switch to the right of the steering wheel where you can adjust it manually. How can that be? Either it's automatic, or manual, or I've misread it.

Thanks for any assistance.

Hello mate welcome to the club :D Where abouts in the midlands are you from? :)

What colour is your car as some are metalic and some are not? On most of the is200's they have manual adjust headlights only the ones fitted with the factory fit hid system have the automatic adjust as its the law that they have them? so your lexus sounds like its got the manual adjust? :D

Hi mate, cheers.

I have a blue IS200. Mine has an adjuster dial right of the steering wheel in a block of buttons shared with the headlamp washer and (think) rear fog light.

I'm from Hinckley, sandwiched between Coventry and Leicester in the middle of the M69.

Where are you?

What are those two small dome sensors on the top of the dash just under the windscreen in front of the driver? I'm guessing one is the auto headlights on or off sensor, dunno what the other one is.

What are those two small dome sensors on the top of the dash just under the windscreen in front of the driver? I'm guessing one is the auto headlights on or off sensor, dunno what the other one is.

I think that is the interior motion sensor for the alarm.

I think that is the interior motion sensor for the alarm.

nope its a solar sensor for the air conditioning.

coup - unless u have HID lights fitted as standard then you will have a manual level adjuster - ONLY the cars that came with factory fitted HID lights have auto leveling. yes you are correct one bump is for auto headlights and the other is the solar sensor.

as for the paint just look at it and u can see is its metallic or not - if u have slight swirls/scratches forget tcut get a real polish - try poorboys SSR 2 or 1 its about £10 for a large bottle.

when i bought my is200 a couple of weeks ago the lexus salesman told me one of the domes was for side lights and the other for headlights. depending on how little light there is.

hope that helps.

welcome to the club

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links