Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problems:air Bag Light,creaking Seat & Front Windshield Defogger L

Hi, my car is coming up for it's two year service and I'm now getting very nervous about the long term reliability of my IS250 Auto. Apart from the 1st year and multiple visits to the dealer to sort out the dashboard creaks/rattles, I have not had many problems.

My car has , however, now developed a number of other alarming faults. these are;

1) The airbag light can stay on after the car is started. This happens about once every two weeks and the ignition needs to be switched off & then on to clear the problem.

2) Today the air conditioning system failed to start-up ( everything off, no fan, etc) and the light on the Front Windshield Defogger switch was flashing. Again switching the ingition off & on clears the fault.

3) The drivers seat frame feels like it is coming loose and is creaking.

I'm about to book the car in for it's two year service and I would appreciate any comments from other people that have had the same problems and hopefuly how they were resolved.

Cheers, Ian.

Hi, my car is coming up for it's two year service and I'm now getting very nervous about the long term reliability of my IS250 Auto. Apart from the 1st year and multiple visits to the dealer to sort out the dashboard creaks/rattles, I have not had many problems.

My car has , however, now developed a number of other alarming faults. these are;

1) The airbag light can stay on after the car is started. This happens about once every two weeks and the ignition needs to be switched off & then on to clear the problem.

2) Today the air conditioning system failed to start-up ( everything off, no fan, etc) and the light on the Front Windshield Defogger switch was flashing. Again switching the ingition off & on clears the fault.

3) The drivers seat frame feels like it is coming loose and is creaking.

I'm about to book the car in for it's two year service and I would appreciate any comments from other people that have had the same problems and hopefuly how they were resolved.

Cheers, Ian.

I have had the airbag warning light come on a few times and yes, when the car is switched off and back on again it has cleared itself. A bit worrying but it hasn't happened for a few months now.

Not had the problem you have experienced with the aircon.

Did have a squeaking seat frame when I got the car but this was rectified by Lex. I think that there is a technical bulletin for the ceaking seat so Lex should know about that one.