Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Dyno Disapointment

hmm it's a trend now.

Who fitted your charger if you don't mind me askin?

Have you checked all the jubilee clips and everything?

Can i ask as well are you running the standard black rubber hoses?

Stav

in this case i hope you guys are assuming that your cars made the official 156bhp out of the factory.I was at a dyno day for M3's recently in Milton Keynes and some of the std M3s were making 323bhp and some were making 350bhp,so just take that into account.Lee's car made good power, in fact it made over the expected figure,and he doesn't have much else going on other than the std S/C as far as power mods are concerned.

in this case i hope you guys are assuming that your cars made the official 156bhp out of the factory.I was at a dyno day for M3's recently in Milton Keynes and some of the std M3s were making 323bhp and some were making 350bhp,so just take that into account.Lee's car made good power, in fact it made over the expected figure,and he doesn't have much else going on other than the std S/C as far as power mods are concerned.

Thats a good point I may go to TDI's dyno day as I believe mine std IS200 isn't as fast as a newer IS200 std is, but I can understand these guys disappointment. You pay alot of money and you don't get the result you wanted :crybaby: the risks you take I suppose. I imagine the BHP are rough accounts as well.

hmm it's a trend now.

Who fitted your charger if you don't mind me askin?

Have you checked all the jubilee clips and everything?

Can i ask as well are you running the standard black rubber hoses?

Stav

it was fitted by steve throw prolex not that it get the best job pully came loose on way home but tighten all pipes and fixed pully.

still got black pipes but have got the pre cats knocked off a a k&n panel filter and ik22 plugs

I know alot of you guys are disapointed with your HP reults, However you have alot to take into account.

1st of all..

Did any of you do a base test run whilst N/A to see what HP your actuall car is producing ?

Did you do.. a compression test on all of the cylinders ..

What you have to keep inmind when "toyota" did the tests.. I am sure the did it on a car with good compression ratios..

low compression ratios = lower HP results...

You have to take other factors into place.. Ie the setup not properly installed.. IE.. the charge pipes are flexing .. so you may have a possible leak..

Oil pressure maybe low.. It maybe running to rich or lean.

Eighter way.. you will be loosing HP..

as a rul of thumb..

real wheel drive has .. more transmittion loss then FWD

If we say .. 20% loss.. on a 160hp car .. thats 32 Horses..

128 HP at the wheels..

at the most.. 0.1 bar will get you another 10 horses give and take a few..

so..

0.44 bar = 44.4 horses.

so 160+44 = 204HP

164RWD HP..

Not a logical way of doing it.. But you get my jist.

Just stickin a Decat or an Air Intake isnt going to get you extra HP.. could have adverse effects..

ie sticking an Air filter on ... make gain you extra HP at the top end.. But you may loose bottom end torque.

Remmber guys torq pulls you off the line...

Since we have.. lots of members with SC .. Stick your cars on the dyno.. and if any one has a wideband.. or an AFR monitor.. you need to use it now.. and messure the fuel and air flow ratios comming out of the exausht.

too rich or lean = your loosing HP.

I had a dyno done after I had my supercharger fitted and was also down greatly on the power. It turned out to be the dyno was carried out incorrectly. Have a look at my old thread here :: Linky

Some times under gay circumstances,

Dynos arnt setup right for the car type or engine type..

However the better one is .. Dynos are Not 100% accurate in telling you your HP..

Its all about calibration, some dynos over read.. other underread...

:)

I had a dyno done after I had my supercharger fitted and was also down greatly on the power. It turned out to be the dyno was carried out incorrectly. Have a look at my old thread here :: Linky

However the better one is .. Dynos are Not 100% accurate in telling you your HP..

been many an argument on dyno outputs on here........

Wouldnt call it an argument ;)

More like a heated discussion!

Wouldnt call it an argument ;)

More like a heated discussion!

over this side of the water people have been up on court because of it

aye, in my experience i can say that all dynos are not equal, i now a car that at one dyno made 199 bhp then at another a few weeks later with nothing changed made 214! (it wasnt an IS)

cars loose there power as they got older, so its very unlikely any car when NA was making its quoted BHP. (sorry but its true)

i have to ask though, are all you guys running the intercooler set up? with what i know about superchargers i wouldnt be suprised if your not loosing some power there. i know dropping intake temps gives more BHP, but your increasing throttled volume which has a negative effect.

being honest with you, i think for TTE SC, 180 ish or above is pretty good, its not a huge charger, not sure what the capacity of it is exactly per revolution but i would guess at around 45. so the gain is about right, more can be had with a bit more control over fuel and timing thats for sure