Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota Sprint Series 2008

Dave-Ellen

If you've not seen it there is more about it below.

more about it...with photos

I've had an idea that we could have a bit of competitive non contact motorsport........

My idea is you enter your Lexus (no toyota aristo's or altezzas) in the above series in the relevant class

A2 would be for TTE s/c'd IS200's

A1 for the Monster or Prolex-UK turbo cars (non factory)

not sure what it would be be IS300 IS200 N/A but can find out

Idea being we run in the aforesaid classes BUT have our own competition (i'd say FI or NA only) with points being awarded based on your position in relation to other lexus....then not all rounds being considered (allow for family/work commitments)

Would be a good way of enjoying your car to the full with a bit of a competitive edge to it............

Thoughts ?

• 3 weeks later...

Spoke to Adrian from Fensport yesterday and things are looking very good for this series.

Entries will be limited to 50 cars with 10 reserves.

There wil be an announcement about some major sponsers soon which I think you will be amazed at.

Adrian asked about numbers of lexus coming so I said I'd bump this thread up.

Its an ideal and cheap way to get into motorsport. As its only you on the track at anyone time there is no chance of car to car contact. Tracks used have plenty of run off if you do get it wrong.........

There is also talk of this being a feeder into the TIME ATTACK series (which is mammothly over subscribed) so if you are thinking of doing that then this may help you jump the queue !

LOL... i am not reading correctly.....

has this event gone or coming later?

Coming later :D

Bazza, Gord & Dave did the 1st 'trial' one which went really well so they are setting up a proper series

LOL... i am not reading correctly.....

has this event gone or coming later?

Coming later :D

Bazza, Gord & Dave did the 1st 'trial' one which went really well so they are setting up a proper series

LOL

just realised it says "2008" on the title.... i need an eye test... :crybaby:

• 3 weeks later...

Entry details below

2008: The Championship

5 Rounds, Provisionally

16th March – Waterbeach

4th May - Barkston Heath

14th June - Teesside (Light)

17th August – Woodbridge

25th October - Teesside (Dark)

Entry Fees

Thanks to generosity of our sponsors (which will be announced very shortly)

We are very pleased to announce the entry fee for all rounds will be £80 including vat per round. The entry fee is for the car and 1 driver, please see below for spectator entry charges.

Pre- Registration:

All competitors wishing to compete in the 2008 championship will need to pre register.

Only registered championship contenders are eligible for points.

A registration fee of £100 inc vat, is required. This is a deposit and shows your intent.

The deposit will be used against your entry fee, but is NOT refundable by us*

Eg: Each round costs £80 so you will pay the balance of £60 before each round.

* In the event of you having registered and then paid, and can not make an event, you will be able to sell your place to anyone on the reserve list. This is strictly between your selves and must take place 1 week prior to the event. After 1 week NO changes are allowed. The replacement driver must also notify us 1 week before the event.

Reserve list:

This is for people only wishing to compete in an odd round or 2. It can be used by those who just want a taste of sprinting without committing to the whole championship.

Reserves will NOT be eligible for championship points, but would be eligible for trophies and any class prizes.

Reserve entries will be considered on an individual event basis.

Invitation Cars:

These are for sponsor use and for event publicity. They will not be eligible for championship points.

How to enter the 2008 Championship

We will be open for entries from the 2nd January 2008 for all people who entered our first event at Barkston Heath.

From January 3rd the championship will be open to everyone.

The registration fee is £100 including vat and payments can made via bank transfer to

TSS Events ltd.

Sort Code: 20-43-63

Acc No: 60683140

Reference No: Driver name

Or by cheque made payable to

TSS Events ltd

Willow Lodge

Chalk Road

Walpole St Peter

Cambs

PE14 7PH

Or

TSS Events ltd

8 Dock Road

Chatteris

Cambs

PE16 6RE

Whichever way you decide to pay, please send a private email to BazzaGT4 and please provide the following details:

Driver Name

Home address

Vehicle Type

Class Entered

Driver experience: i.e. Novice/Intermediate/Expert

Email Address (your receipt of entry will be emailed to you)

Spectators & Driver Prize Fund

It is our intention to charge £7 (inc vat) next year for all spectators.

This is not to make the organisers money! It is to be used as a driver prize fund and will be broken down as follows

96p goes to the organisers.

£5 goes in to the driver fund.

£1.04 for the government in vat……… coz they need a little help

At the end of the year, the prize fund will be divided equally between the class winners – So it’s in your own interest to promote the Toyota Sprint Series and get as many spectators along as possible!

Adrian

Toyota Sprint Series - Coordinator

• 1 month later...

TOYOTA BACKS NEW SPRINT SERIES

What’s the hottest prospect on a race track: a road-spec’ 21st century MR2 Roadster or a fully-tuned and kitted 1990s-vintage Supra? The speed and handling potential of contemporary and classic Toyota models will be put to the test when they go head to head in a new motor sport challenge, the Toyota Sprint Series 2008.

Toyota (GB) PLC has signed up as leading sponsor of the series, designed to give Toyota enthusiasts an exciting and affordable first step into motor sport. A provisional calendar of five events will get under way in March, open to experienced, intermediate and novice drivers.

Honours will be fought for in up to 10 classes, covering the complete spectrum of performance, from diesels and sub-1600cc cars to fully modified and tuned machines. Throughout the season driver points will be awarded in each class, so any driver has the potential to become overall champion. The basic principle of a sprint is for each competitor to complete a timed run, rather than to qualify and race side by side as in other forms of circuit motor sport.

The series is the brainchild of Barry Cross and Adrian Smith, who share a passion for Toyota cars and motor sport. They have joined forces with Javelin Trackdays to design and launch the competition, encouraged by the success of a one-off event in October. They are hopeful tuning and aftermarket companies will be keen to support the championship to show what they can offer Toyota owners, and that the open nature of the series will encourage a healthy entry list.

“It’s our aim to create a great championship that will help further the tuning scene in the UK,” they said. “We have brought together a professional team that will provide enthusiasts with an exciting, enjoyable, friendly and affordable sporting experience.”

Toyota Sprint Series 2008 – provisional calendar

16 March Waterbeach, near Cambridge

4 May Barkston Heath, near Lincoln

14 June Teeside Autodrome, near Middlesbrough

17 August Woodbridge, near Ipswich

25 October Teeside Autodrome, near Middlesbrough (night event)

For more information about the series, visit http://www.toyota-sprint-series.com.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk