Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Spacers?

RedLexus

Well Gang , my Is is getting reshod , with new Yokohamas and also getting the wheels refurb'd , anyone use spacers to push the wheels out in the arch a bit? I'm on standard 5 spoke 17's . Any suggestions on size of spacer , or stories good or bad?

I've got 15mm spacers on the front ot allow the Standard wheels to fit over Supra calipers,

Rather than use longer bolts i used spacers that have bolts built in, i.e. you bolt the spacers to the hub and then the wheels to the spacer.

The standard rims have gaps in the rear of the hub to allow the excess bolt thread to rest so they fit perfectly.

Stav

• 8 months later...
I've got 15mm spacers on the front ot allow the Standard wheels to fit over Supra calipers,

Rather than use longer bolts i used spacers that have bolts built in, i.e. you bolt the spacers to the hub and then the wheels to the spacer.

The standard rims have gaps in the rear of the hub to allow the excess bolt thread to rest so they fit perfectly.

Stav

Where did you get them from?

I am shocked at the price of spacers! all they are are fancy machined pieces of metal, and they want ~£100!!!

Stav

I am shocked at the price of spacers! all they are are fancy machined pieces of metal, and they want ~£100!!!

Well i've changed spacers now to H&R which come with longer bolts but they are hubcentric as T7RY B says.

And yeah £100 delivered is about right mate, though i got my second set of eBay for about £60 cause some guy had bought ones that were too big or something.

Stav

• 2 years later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2008 at 1:12 PM, Khurmit said:

Well you are talking about a car that cost £25k new and you want a decent spacer to take the strain. I went for the Eibach ones which come with studs and bolts in conjunction with their lowering springs and it looked great. Best option is 15mm front and 25 rear. I only went 20 rear and should have gone a touch more. As with everything in life, you get what you pay for including quality and peace of mind.

Lexus.jpg