Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm sick of getting out of the Lexus and forgetting to turn the engine off!!!!! :tsktsk: :hehe:

I'm so used to driving my rather loud diesel Grande Punt, that to the misses amusement i now keep forgetting to turn off the engine in the Lexus! It's only the misses laughter and the constant beeping that stops me from just walking away :unsure:

My *** is it quiet!!!! Time for a new exhaust i feel............ :winky:

M

I'm sick of getting out of the Lexus and forgetting to turn the engine off!!!!! :tsktsk: :hehe:

I'm so used to driving my rather loud diesel Grande Punt, that to the misses amusement i now keep forgetting to turn off the engine in the Lexus! It's only the misses laughter and the constant beeping that stops me from just walking away :unsure:

My *** is it quiet!!!! Time for a new exhaust i feel............ :winky:

M

Been told my Tanabe system sounds nice...pity I can't appreciate it from the driving seat :huh:

This happened to me once - I parked in a side street and went off to get a sandwich round the corner. I came back 10 mins later to find the car quietly running. It had been raining so I'd dashed off and not heard the beeps.

Does the car still lock then when the engine's running?

This happened to me once - I parked in a side street and went off to get a sandwich round the corner. I came back 10 mins later to find the car quietly running. It had been raining so I'd dashed off and not heard the beeps.

ive always wanted to know what happens when the engine is running and you go away with the key..does it cut out? lock?

ive always wanted to know what happens when the engine is running and you go away with the key..does it cut out? lock?

I've wondered the same. I've walked about 10 yards away from it and then went back... i'm pretty sure it won't let you lock the doors, but i'll try it tonight....

I've wondered the same. I've walked about 10 yards away from it and then went back... i'm pretty sure it won't let you lock the doors, but i'll try it tonight....

Haven't tried to lock it, but the engine continues to run. If you leave the car with the engine running a twoccer can drive it to wherever he likes...but will not be able to start it again without the key.

It's programmed that way as a safety issue I guess, as you would be in serious trouble if the car failed to recognise the key while you were driving if it was programmed to cut out on loss of signal.

The car won't let you lock it with the engine running and the key on the outside.

Thought as much.....

Matt, you definitely need a sports exhaust system to reduce the risk of exiting the car with the engine running and having some twoccer drive it away. :whistling:

The car won't let you lock it with the engine running and the key on the outside.

Thought as much.....

Matt, you definitely need a sports exhaust system to reduce the risk of exiting the car with the engine running and having some twoccer drive it away. :whistling:

I agree! Now convince my misses of that will you :winky:

I'm off to Japan in January, maybe i should just pick one up and put it in my luggage lol :hehe:

Ha! I did the same thing once myself when the car was new. I parked on the street (didn't hear the beeps as I got out for some reason) and got a parking display ticket. I put the ticket onto the dash (via the passneger door which was street side), and couldn't figure out why the car wouldn't lock! It was beeping at me, and I couldn't figure out why!

So I decided to go back around to the drivers side, and start the car, then stop it again to see if that solved the problem. As I was walking behind it, I noticed some steam coming from the exhausts :tomato: opps!

C

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links