Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Demisting The Windscreen

My windscreen is starting to annoy me. With the mornings getting colder my windscreen is fogging up within minutes of me setting off to work! I know its because im hot stuff B) :whistling: but is there a quicker way of demisting it than opening the front windows?

I turn the fan on full, heater up to max and direction of blow onto the windscreen but it takes ages so i open my window to speed up the process but it freezes my nipples off.

any suggestions on speeding up the demisting process and stopping it from steaming up again on the trip in? would the aircon help?

i used some antifog on mine as it got annoying after a bit, works ok but you have to put it on quite regular but helps? If it does fog up i just put the aircon on even though if you turn it off again it fogs up not long after.. ;)

Yeal lol looks like ur up 2 no good :huh:

i used some antifog on mine as it got annoying after a bit, works ok but you have to put it on quite regular but helps? If it does fog up i just put the aircon on even though if you turn it off again it fogs up not long after.. ;)

Yeal lol looks like ur up 2 no good :huh:

Tell me more??? :whistling::lol:

You need to remove the water from the air and heat the glass so that no more water condenses on it as its condensed water on your windscreen

The best way as the guys say is to run air conditioned air - as it has a low moisture content through the heater, preferably on re-circulate as that keeps the temp more regular.

Ohh and don't breathe :whistling:

That's todays physics lesson over :lol:

The windows mist up easier when the inside of the windscreen is dirty. Give it a good clean with an alcohol based preparation (or vinegar will do the trick - even vodka is better than most stuff you buy!!!) and it should improve. Use A/C too as it dehumidifies the air, and make sure the air recirculation is set to off. Recirculated air will warm the car up faster but has a higher moisture content.

:)

vodka hey? it'd be too tempting to lick! the interior's due a good clean so ill sort it on my lunch tomorrow.

cheers for the idea's guys.

I might be missing something here. When I turn my system to windscreen only it automatically turns on the Aircon to clear the screen.

Apparently if you stick one of those little candle things in the car and light it, it will stop the car misting up, which kinda makes sense as it would eat up the moisture.

But I am not willing to risk it myself, I can see it now well the windscreen hasn't misted up, just a shame that my car now looks like the end result of a joy ride (burnt out)

Apparently if you stick one of those little candle things in the car and light it, it will stop the car misting up, which kinda makes sense as it would eat up the moisture.

But I am not willing to risk it myself, I can see it now well the windscreen hasn't misted up, just a shame that my car now looks like the end result of a joy ride (burnt out)

Could you elaborate on the "candle thing" :eerrrmm:

Does it?

Thats strange, you sure?

Stav

Absolutely sure. It actually annoys me sometimes because I get the musty smell for a minute if it hasn't been on in a while. I had a look and I also have it set to Auto on the fan so that might make a difference.

Could you elaborate on the "candle thing" :eerrrmm:

I believe they call them tea lights.

put it on a dish in the car and you shouldn't get any misting up over night....You should be able to get in the car and drive off no problems, assuming it isn't a smouldering heap of scrap where the candle some how managed to land on something flammable.

I would like to stress I have never tried this and never will, so if anyone does try it let me know. If you try it and your car blows up, then it's not my fault :D

The aircon will only run and demist your windscreen in temperatures above approximately 3 Centigrade, lower than that the interior will need to warm before the ac clutch will engage. Not sure about the candle thing as the products of combustion (IE burning a candle) are Carbon Dioxide and Water which would only make your condensation problem worse