Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Control Boot Opening

On my IS200 SE the remote button to open the boot works fine and unlocks the boot, but the actual boot lid doesn't rise all the way up, unless I'm parked on a hill, is this normal or should it rise all the way? If so any ideas how I can make it so, tightening springs or something?

And no suggestions please that I should always park on a hill :winky:

cheers

Pedros

Cheers Stav

Good thread there, after reading it all thought think I might give it a miss, not being able to nudge the boot shut with my elbow I think I'd find more annoying than having to lift the lid.

Oh well looks like a should stop being so lazy :yawn:

I take it you have a spoiler fitted

There is different torsion springs available if spoilers are fitted and they are £22 each + vat

No Spoiler no, can't make up my mind if i prefer them with or without spoilers, usually I am a fan of a nice eveo style spoiler but on luxury/exec cars and models I'm not so sure.

I take it you have a spoiler fitted

There is different torsion springs available if spoilers are fitted and they are £22 each + vat

Interested in a set of these mate. Are there different springs depending on the size of the spoiler? I have the same spoiler as yours.

Can you bring them along to the Blackpool meet (paid up front of course) and hopefully someone can help out with fitting? I don't even know where the boot lid spring is!