Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Right then,1991 celsior,open bonnet and at bumper level in the space back to the radiator,is a bottle with the washer symbol on , it does have a pump and pipes from it,the main filler is up on the inner wing,I dont have headlamp washers,or it seems,a button to operate said pump,and ive never had to top it up,thought maybe it was a back-up tank for the main one,but run it dry today and nothing happened concerning the tank in question, any ideas peeps. Ian.

Hi Ian

I have a 1996 Celsior and this bottle is a back up. In my car if you push the wiper stick forward (away from you) it sprays from this bottle. Dont ask me the reason for 2 bottles, I think it might be a winter and summer set up so you can put different mixtures into your water!

Right then,1991 celsior,open bonnet and at bumper level in the space back to the radiator,is a bottle with the washer symbol on , it does have a pump and pipes from it,the main filler is up on the inner wing,I dont have headlamp washers,or it seems,a button to operate said pump,and ive never had to top it up,thought maybe it was a back-up tank for the main one,but run it dry today and nothing happened concerning the tank in question, any ideas peeps. Ian.

I have a 94 Celsior and as Glenn007 says we have 2 washer bottles.

As far as I understand pulling back on the wiper stalk provides wash wipe from the engine bay bottle and this one should have the solution mix in it, the front bumper one should have plain water in it and is activated by pushing the stalk forwards.

The apparent reason for this is 1st you wash the windscreen as normal then rinse it with plain water ( at a 40 degree wash programme with a fast spin speed :whistling: )

The plain water bottle is a bit iffy in this country due to our winters so I just put the same water/blue stuff mix in both that way you should never run out of water.

You could also of course put Gin and Tonic in the front one and reroute the pipework to feed the draught minibar for the rear seat passengers :whistling: Another G+T please James!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links