Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not sure if anyone can advise......

Last week had my first 'warning message' on the old trip computer, nothing serious, just informing me washer fluid needed filling up.

Very very annoying how the damn message keeps coming back up (complete with beep) everytime I slowed down and got going again.

Fair enough if it was just when you switched the car on but it was taking it to the extremes and was very distracting.....

I tried everything to 'acknowledge' the message in an effort to switch the thing off until I could get it topped up but to no avail.

Is the above standard or is there an option somewhere to limit the amount of times the warning comes up?

By the way, car is 57 plate 220d SE standard (i.e. no MM)

Thanks

sometimes it keeps coming on when slowing down etc. due to the fluid moving about. So it thinks it is warning you of the drop below the minimum, then it goes up, then it goes down so it warns you again. If you persist (or spray some more out :rolleyes: ) it will drop below the level where it keeps going above and below minimum and then you will be just stuck with the usual default warning (or fill it up at a service station).

sometimes it keeps coming on when slowing down etc. due to the fluid moving about. So it thinks it is warning you of the drop below the minimum, then it goes up, then it goes down so it warns you again. If you persist (or spray some more out :rolleyes: ) it will drop below the level where it keeps going above and below minimum and then you will be just stuck with the usual default warning (or fill it up at a service station).

Good point - didn't think about it just being on the warning level, makes complete sense! Next time, I will try spraying a bit more and see what happens!!!

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links