Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hello, what is the best mpg u have had out of ure lex gs. state model. aswell please and conditions. thanks

e.g. mk1 300 sport 35mpg. thanks

Hi

GS 300SE localy in heavy traffic 19-22 mpg, on a long motorway journey 70 mph max 90mph approx 31 mpg.

Regards

Probsat

The most I ever got out of my 2001 GS300SE NAV was 31mpg on a motorway. This was without using the cruise.

The best so far out of my LS430 is 28mpg. Again on the motorway without cruise. It's now down to 21mpg.

When using my GS300 for my ROSPA driving course, when we looked at overtaking, I managed to get it down to 7mpg.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

In my GS300 Mk II (2001 model), I got 19-20mpg round town and about 30mpg on the motorway (360 mile round trip) which seems identical to other postings above. On buying the new 2006 model GS300 I have been impressed with what it returns. I now average 26mpg around town and 37mpg on the motorway (same 360 mile round trip). Given the engine is 10% more powerful than the Mk II (240+ bhp instead of 219 bhp) that's not bad going. And, I don't go slowly either.

i got 220 miles from £50 fuel and thats driving in town with the odd full on sprint and thats in my aristo v300 twin turbo

would you say thats good ? as ive only had my car a couple of weeks so wouldnt know :unsure:

That would seem to be somwhere between 19 and 21 miles per gallon depending how much the cost of fuel is per litre.

• 1 month later...
i got 220 miles from £50 fuel and thats driving in town with the odd full on sprint and thats in my aristo v300 twin turbo

would you say thats good ? as ive only had my car a couple of weeks so wouldnt know :unsure:

that seems pretty good in my opinion, considering the tank is 70/80L and you've only put £50 in.

Anuj, my GS Sport doesnt have a trip computer, but i think the GS's with Lexus Sat Nav do...?

that seems pretty good in my opinion, considering the tank is 70/80L and you've only put £50 in.

Anuj, my GS Sport doesnt have a trip computer, but i think the GS's with Lexus Sat Nav do...?

Yes, my MkII with Sat Nav does have a trip computer.

I'm getting an average of about 28MPG. I've only had the car a day, so I can't really give you a best / worst.

I managed 110 miles on the first quarter earlier today, but I imagine the quarters aren't REAL quarters....

Currently on 138 on a quarter and third, let's hope!!

At the half tank marker mileometer read around 215, three quarters empty it was around 320, might be on for 430 on the 'E', did I read around 10ltrs reserve, might get me 470/480 on a full tank?

The quarters do seem to be real quarter to me at least.

hello, what is the best mpg u have had out of ure lex gs. state model. aswell please and conditions. thanks

e.g. mk1 300 sport 35mpg. thanks

Over a year all be it with a very low mileage (only 2,600 odd miles in 15 months!!!!) my car has averaged approx 28 mpg. This is mix of town and motorway.

Although my car is hybrid leading most to think that it should be producing the economy of a supermini, as Lexus say its a hybrid to enhance performance primarily, so I am quite happy. My previous cars ranged from a Jaguar S-type v8 to an aluminum body XJ6 averaged 16-18 and 20-22 mpg respectively, so for me the hybrid drive is prvoing worthwhile. In fact around town in light traffic with light throttle the car will run on Battery alone quite a bit, and then the trip computer will produce mpg figures up into the 30s!!!

Regards

Keith

My 2005 GS300 SE-L will get around 33-4mpg on a motorway run. The best I have ever had was on a motorway leaving Switzerland into France, when I filled up in services, and cruised out for miles and miles downhill, and got around 45mpg going 80-90mph.

I find I will get 33-4mpg when cruising around 90mph on the clock on m-way. I find I get less cruising at 70mph. I have never had the patience to cruise at 50 :shifty:

• 3 months later...
My 2005 GS300 SE-L will get around 33-4mpg on a motorway run. The best I have ever had was on a motorway leaving Switzerland into France, when I filled up in services, and cruised out for miles and miles downhill, and got around 45mpg going 80-90mph.

I find I will get 33-4mpg when cruising around 90mph on the clock on m-way. I find I get less cruising at 70mph. I have never had the patience to cruise at 50 :shifty:

I am really worried now coz I only do about 220miles on a full tank with my Aristo V300.

I had a GS450h for 24 hours last week.

When exploring the cars performance envelope after a petrol top up, the dash indicated

12mpg :o :P :rolleyes: where previously 34-35mpg was indicated.

I guess Lexus won't be lending me another one of those :winky:

I do have to say with the suspension on sport setting, it hustles fairly well for such a big heavy car.

You can never disguise the bulk completely (especially with the batteries out the back), & I had the

TRC cutting in whilst cornering, but I was overall very impressed.

The performance of the hybrid powertrain is erm err.... more than adequate :whistling:

I am really worried now coz I only do about 220miles on a full tank with my Aristo V300.

i get the same in my n/a mk2 gs300. i honestly wouldn't worry. the engines weren't designed with mpg in mind. don't forget our engines are old, i wouldn't compare them to modern engines. after all you do have a super car engine in your aristo!

'00 GS300 SE Facelift - Nav model so has trip computer:

Preston to Hollyhead so mixture of motorway + good UK roads: 33.2mpg (Plenty of full throttle use as had just bought it and was like a child with new toy)

Average Irish main roads (Includes passing through towns, cities, etc en route): 30mpg or slightly more no problem (Not driving economically, using CC when wanted, using power when needed or felt like :whistling: )

Bad country back roads mixed with town use: 24.1mpg (Driven gently)

I've checked the trip computer by working out mpg myself over a full tank and it seems quiet accurate.

I think it's fantastic - I didn't buy the GS300 expecting economy but it was a very nice surprise :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links