Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newb Questions!

lovetruly

Hi, I’m new to the world of BPUs as well as to this forum. I’m doing a few mods to my 1999 MKII Aristo Vertex. I am looking for some advice on some issues that I have been unable to find any info on, despite spending countless hours and late nights on the net! Any input will be appreciated.

1. Does anyone have any info / pics on doing a Greddy 600mm V-SPL 2 FMIC install on the MKII Aristo. The Greddy website just says, “P/S cooler needs to be relocated. O/C unable to install together”. Any info / pics on how and where to relocate the P/S cooler and O/C? Also, there appears to be some air con unit there, what do I do with that? How big a job is it?

2. I’m also going to change my timing belt but don’t know whether to buy a Greddy, HKS or Power Enterprise. Any ideas which one to go for and where to buy one at a good price? I've been told that the stock belt is just as good. Also what pulleys should I change at the same time, tensioner, idler? Do these also have to be after market? If so, where do I purchase them from? Also, what else do you suggest I change whilst the engine is stripped, to go with the following mods that I’ll be doing:

Greddy BCC, Both Decats, Blits Spec R Boost Controller, HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer, Sard Boost Gauge, HKS SLD Mk II, Front & Rear Strut Bars, Greddy BOV, Apexi Intake, Supra 4-pot Front Brake Conversion, Walbro Fuel Pump, Eibach Lowering Springs, iridium Sparks, Greddy Top Radiator Hose, Greddy Oil Filler and Radiator caps, Greddy FMIC.

Cheers

FM intercooler comes with everything you need to move it mate with full instructions, ps pipes that you need are also included in the kit.

Concact Dave from Prolex, as he has Aristo with lots of mods on it, and will be able to sort you bits you need.

I have the V spec fitted to my Risto.................done by Steve @ Charlesworth.

On timing belts the PE/HKS ones are made with kevlar so are stronger and said to be made with more precision.

On your other mods there are a few that will take your money and give you not a lot.

FM intercooler comes with everything you need to move it mate with full instructions, ps pipes that you need are also included in the kit.

Hi Gord, I am actually trying to swap the stock intercooler on my MkII Aristo with the Greddy FMIC already fitted in my MkI Aristo which has been written off! I don't even know if this will work because it seems like a big job and that is the reason I am asking you guys for help!!

I've basically done the same as what you are about to do and i bought a HKS timing belt,not much differnt to the stock belt but i was changing mine anyway.

Instead of the springs i would go for a set of coilovers,Dave at Prolex can supply a good set at a reasonable price and with you in the Northwest Steve at Charlesworth would do a great job for you.

I'm just waiting for my bodywork/tuning etc to be done and i will post pics

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links