Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Question For Dr Wim

daveb1

Hi

Please could you tell me the "right" time to come and visit you? My bog-standard '00 IS200SE has brake problems (probably needs new pads all round, maybe rear discs, and OSR caliper), wears the inside of both front tyres (although there newish and OK at the moment), and is nearly due for new rear tyres. I want a geometry check, but also the brakes sorted.

Is it best to come in and see you now, wait and get new rear tyres, or get the brakes done, or some other combination? Also would you be able to give me a quote for all the work please?

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for directing Dave LOC......

Dave, regarding our conversation lets explore what past events has generated the tyre wear issue....

The car can go in the rolling road to determine the brake problems, although i feel your main issue is inferior components... but we will see.

Thanks for directing Dave LOC......

Dave, regarding our conversation lets explore what past events has generated the tyre wear issue....

The car can go in the rolling road to determine the brake problems, although i feel your main issue is inferior components... but we will see.

Thanks Tony... I'll wait for your quote, and then arrange a time to visit you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I went down on Friday to see Tony, and then spent the weekend driving around with a silly grin on my face. Talk about a different car!

2 new rear tyres, sparkplugs, front brakes and the geometry sorted means the car goes around roundabouts like its on rails. I've twice nearly hit the roundabout itself near the apex of the turn... usually I have to compensate for the car drifting to the left at the middle of the manouver but now the car is point and shoot. Brilliant!

The only dampener is the OSF wheel bearing was found to be failing (not the caliper squeaking at I thought originally), and it seems I was royally stitched up by the mechanic who did the last service... sub-standard spark plugs, brake pads and front discs. Not happy with that, but getting the discs and bearing sorted at the 2000 mile checkup.

Thanks Tony for sorting the geometry out, and thanks too to the guys at Kiplings for everything else.

Can't wait for the next service...

Cheers

Well, I went down on Friday to see Tony, and then spent the weekend driving around with a silly grin on my face. Talk about a different car!

2 new rear tyres, sparkplugs, front brakes and the geometry sorted means the car goes around roundabouts like its on rails. I've twice nearly hit the roundabout itself near the apex of the turn... usually I have to compensate for the car drifting to the left at the middle of the manouver but now the car is point and shoot. Brilliant!

The only dampener is the OSF wheel bearing was found to be failing (not the caliper squeaking at I thought originally), and it seems I was royally stitched up by the mechanic who did the last service... sub-standard spark plugs, brake pads and front discs. Not happy with that, but getting the discs and bearing sorted at the 2000 mile checkup.

Thanks Tony for sorting the geometry out, and thanks too to the guys at Kiplings for everything else.

Can't wait for the next service...

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback..... That bearing was surprising!

Incorrect camber is a tyre and bearing killer..... What was strange with your bearing is despite the noise there is no play.

Anyway i am pleased the handling is better, although i'm not surprised since the chassis was not happy.......

i wish there where someone in norway that could sort the geo out like you guys have in Uk

I would hope so......You will need to phone your local centres. The best way to test if the equipment is up to the task is ask these questions

1> Can they measure the castor angle

2> Does it give a full printout.

We can help you with the actual positions once you find a suitable shop.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links