Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boergsn @ Work - Turbocharged Is200

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hy!

Last Friday, i was with my IS on the Dyno :hehe:

227hp on the flywheel and 288Nm is a good run with 0,5bar and original engine.

post-5227-1224954880_thumb.jpg

Next steps: new clutch, new tyres, bigger intercooler, modified downpipe with new katalysator, maybe a new boost controller B)

greets

Boergsn

yes, the pistons and rods are original. Only the intake manifold is modified, 250ccm Injectors with original petrol system (3,5bar pressure) in the spring, i test again with maybe 0,65bar. i will test with the new intercooler and other things. i think 240-245hp are possible.

have to ask about the gauges mod i take it thats custom ?? if so how hard was it how long did it take

excellent car love the mod with the factory radio

Thanks! i need 2 weeks, every day at night to make the gauge-pod. i have the old gauge pod for sell, but you need a good painter and the original dash box for a good look.

The gauge-pod was self made. I changed this pod to a original pod and installed a Zeitronix System. The Radio new painted and the brightness is passed from the buttons to the original light in the IS. her new pics.

76b1c5c7.jpg

2b85c1fc.jpg

39982281.jpg

the Apexi SAFC II and the SSBC was installed in the cup Holder B)

5 weeks ago..i installed the EBV Premium Discs and Green Stuff Pads on the front axle

2c28688c.jpg

123b4f57.jpg

2 weeks ago, i deinstalled my music system (26kg) and i will change the high of the spring cups on the koni damper and i see on the right rear side, a broken H&R spring! :o one week later were a a set of new h&R springs installed.

3ed2f2ed.jpg

62ddc884.jpg

anti-theft device :lol:

f8edbb8b.jpg

new springs :)

92d868c8.jpg

the car drives better as afore, with new springs and lower weight on the rear axle, a new feeling on the road B)

Looks great mate, but i dont understand what you did with the inlet manifold. could you explain a bit more.

Stav

hy Stav,

some posts above i wrote the work

...the weekend, i opened my second Inlet manifold, and i see small pipes from the volume under the throttle body to the inlet-flange and the volume before. i think, it is not bigger than 5cm x 2,5cm very small for 3 cylinder!

i modify the manifold to have 5cm x5cm or more

original have the IS a smalle pipe from the throttle-body inlet to the head inlet (i hope this the correct words) for 3 cylinders a small pipe with max 5x2,5cm! after the mod, the intake manifold is a comparable with a supra TT intake manifold. this have the thottle body, a big volume und 6 seperate pipes to each cylinder.

her a picture from a Supra intake:

tmsintake-manifold.jpg

the engine spools faster up with the turbo, before this mod, the boost was on the gauge and a little bit later comes the acceleration, with the mode, the boost comes ande the engine accelerate in the same time :hehe:

i hope you understand a little bit of my discription of the mod *g*

• 2 weeks later...

HY!

I rebuilt my IS to a standard IS and sell the Turbokit with the exhaust system, all Pipes and the FCD, Apexi SAFC II and the Blitz SSBC.

my failure was, i driven a GS430 S16 :D the car is great, from the first moment, i was in the car, i was happy :wub: no other car from Lexus can this :D have considered a while to change the IS turbo to a GS V8. i think, its the right choice.

Next week, i take the last photos and after this, the rebuilt beginns!

greets

Tom

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links