Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've got a 92' Lexus Celsior with the 1UZ V8 in it, problem is it's as slow as a French arthouse production. I am giving serious consideration to fitting a centrifugal charger to it. Has anybody ever done this because I have some questions :)

- Is it possible to do this on stock internals?

- Can the standard Celsior ecu be remapped to compensate for the fuel management issues?

- What is the maximum lph of the stock fuel pump?

Any help appreciated :driving:

I've got a 92' Lexus Celsior with the 1UZ V8 in it, problem is it's as slow as a French arthouse production. I am giving serious consideration to fitting a centrifugal charger to it. Has anybody ever done this because I have some questions :)

- Is it possible to do this on stock internals?

- Can the standard Celsior ecu be remapped to compensate for the fuel management issues?

- What is the maximum lph of the stock fuel pump?

Any help appreciated :driving:

Slow as a what! with a 0-60 of around 6.7 seconds for a luxury car weighing 2 tons.

I think the best option would be to buy an Italian supercar.

However if you go on youtube and put in "supercharged 1uz" in the search you can have a look at the results.

For the answers to the questions here's a link

http://soarercentral.com/sc-forum/messages...html?1193983283

BTW there is no such thing as a Lexus Celsior mine's Toyota still has the Toyota badges on it and I am proud of it

Slow as a what! with a 0-60 of around 6.7 seconds for a luxury car weighing 2 tons.

I think the best option would be to buy an Italian supercar.

Admittedly I may be a bit spoiled coming straight from Skylines to this, but it certainly needs more grunt than a 250bhp stock motor can provide for 2000kg. That's 125bhp/tonne.........Peugeot 106 Rallye anyone?

Italian supercars should remain the soul preserve of men with moustaches and confidence issues.

BTW there is no such thing as a Lexus Celsior mine's Toyota still has the Toyota badges on it and I am proud of it

Mine has the Lexus 'L' on the front grille, insurance has it listed as a Lexus, V5 says Lexus. It's a Lexus. (Does say Toyota on the engine though ;))

I could always put a 'T' on the grille to make you happy, but then I run the risk of people thinking I drive a Talbot.

got to go with steve on this one ! toyota is the celsior,lexus the LS. its cheaper to insure the LS and all it takes is a few badges and a replacement V5. has your motor got the extra goodies that come on the celsior,compared to the same age LS ? mines a 91 celsior with all the extras,air suspension etc

There are probably more "Lexus converted Celsiors" on the road than "genuine" Toyota Celsiors but like Ian mine is still Toyota badged and personally I like it that way as there aren't many around ( in fact I have never seen another in the metal).

Mine is registered on the V5 as a Toyota with no model type and the engine size given as 4000cc but the insurance was a pain as no mainsteam insurers will touch an import but I found an independant insurer at a reasonable cost.

The only real problem would be if the rear light clusters were damaged as they are different to UK spec but the US ones for the Lexus LS400 do fit the Celsior.

Still looking for a replacement fender pole for mine even with the car in front of them Toyota GB couldn't find it listed on the parts database ( got some useful information off the parts guy as to why the part wasn't listed though " it's probably because it's Japanese" :whistling:

BTW have you looked at the Youtube videos General?

Toyota supercharged the Celsior...............jap yahoo auctions are the place to go !!

I found the translated version and loads of goodies but no one seems to export worldwide ( any info please!)

In the meantime here's a nice wood steering wheel!

天然本木目が魅せる自然の芸術 :whistling: