Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Photo Competition (october)

Bazza

the winner of the October photo competition has been chosen :D

to obtain a totally unbiased decision, all photos were printed out and presented to a local photographic shop/gallery

after a short while the verdict was given

the winning photo was praised highly, and given the comment of "i wouldnt mind that hanging on my wall" :whistling:

all the photos were given credit, so please dont feel dissapointed if you didnt win

thanks to everyone who entered

the 1st prize

a DVD voucher

goes to :

. :shutit:

Sagitar

Dusk.jpg

well done Sagitar fantastic photo :D

runners up in no order, other than alphabetical

both win a LOC CD case

Aztecbandit

post-12038-1193455395.jpg

Niraj

hires_entry_02.jpg

well done everyone :D

:yahoo: i got a cd case :D was going to buy 1 aswell, Quite suprised to be honest as there were some good pics, Well done Sagitar and Niraj and all that entered :D

Glad i had a go now,Right whats the next one? :lol:

Dan runs out to buy a digital SLR!

:lol: Out of interest what camera's were all you guys using i used a Fuji s9600 finepix and a Fuji s3000 finepix and a fuji a400 finepix think i'm slowly working through the Fuji range as the s9600 is the 4th one i've brought and quite happy with them all? Still trying to figure out the 9600 as not had it long but found my tripod came in handy at last :lol:

Fuji Finepix F30! small, compact! easey to use. cant justify spending a grand on a Nikon D50, when you might use it twice a year or the odd car show, way too bulky for my liking. If the next competition is daylight themed i think there would be a lot more entries and better quality pics

:lol: Out of interest what camera's were all you guys using

sony cybershot ... took 60 pics and was only happy with 2, hope the next comp isn't at night as it a very poor low light camera....

sister has a proper slr with lens filters tripod the works and theres no comparsion with the end results.... but slrs don't fit in your pocket... ;)

I took over 30 then found out i could take them in b+w so gave it a try and only got about 5 good'ish pics in all? Its the first time i've really used a digital slr type with a fixed lense as i usually use my fuji a400 compact for the ease of use and it was the first time i'd used a tripod so in the end quite happy and suprised with the result? :D

Thanks fellahs - you are very kind. I am so pleased and surprised - thought some of the others were so much better!

Mine was taken with a Canon EOS 5D with a 24-105 mm lens and an infra-red filter.

I don't have access to the Exif data at present, but if anyone is "that" keen I'll dig it out. From memory the exposure was about 30 seconds at f8 (with the camera on a tripod of course).

Thanks fellahs - you are very kind. I am so pleased and surprised - thought some of the others were so much better!

Mine was taken with a Canon EOS 5D with a 24-105 mm lens and an infra-red filter.

I don't have access to the Exif data at present, but if anyone is "that" keen I'll dig it out. From memory the exposure was about 30 seconds at f8 (with the camera on a tripod of course).

Very nice pic matey :D Was just curious as i'm quite new to the digital slr camera and still trying to figure mine out :whistling: never seen an infra red filter before so will have to have a look at them as i like the effect :) Again well done on your picture :P cant wait for the next one now :D

Nice one Sagitar, have to say that one did job out at me :D

Congratulations to everyone else too, job well done.

Was a great idea for a comp too, hopefully the next one won't be long in coming.

---------------------------

Well, for those interested, underneath mine was an original picture, just editted :)

SunsetIS200.jpg

It was taken with a Canon EOS-1DS, using the EF14mm lens. It was just a point and shoot jobbie, didn't have time to set it up. It could be classed as night as the street lights were on in the nearest village ;)

woohooo :) Congrats Sagitar! Definitely a worthy winner! Fantastic Image :)

Chris your question about what camera people used, mine was the 5D (on this occasion) at 30mm F6.3 ISO1600 and 0.6s exposure, handheld.

Here are a the other images I promised to post, out of the ones I had difficulty deciding which to enter :) enjoy...

hires_entry_01.jpg

hires_entry_03.jpg

hires_entry_04.jpg

hires_entry_05.jpg

sony cybershot ... took 60 pics and was only happy with 2, hope the next comp isn't at night as it a very poor low light camera....

sister has a proper slr with lens filters tripod the works and theres no comparsion with the end results.... but slrs don't fit in your pocket... ;)

Snap mine was a Sony Cyber Shot & i aint got a clue what settin 2 use @ Night :blink:

Sagitar - much deserved Kudos there. As a pro photographer I'd have been happy myself to take that picture. A worthy winner.

Chris, that's Rugeley Power Station isn't it?

Niraj, a fine collection. Best one is the tilted one with the badge in the foreground - they look like original colours too - not much editing. Good job.

Well done to everyone.

Keith :)

Sagitar - much deserved Kudos there. As a pro photographer I'd have been happy myself to take that picture. A worthy winner.

Niraj, a fine collection. Best one is the tilted one with the badge in the foreground - they look like original colours too - not much editing. Good job.

Well done to everyone.

Hello Keith :D yes mate it is Rugeley power station in the back ground, didnt think it was a bad pic as its something i'm just starting to get into even though i reduced the quality quite a bit so i could post it up so its not at its best :whistling:

Well done to everyone.

Hello Keith :D yes mate it is Rugeley power station in the back ground, didnt think it was a bad pic as its something i'm just starting to get into even though i reduced the quality quite a bit so i could post it up so its not at its best :whistling:

I did some photography around the power station a few years back and within minutes of me arriving I was swarmed by security staff. Of course there was nothing they could to about me being there but it was almost as if they'd expected me to come!!!