Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Track Day in France - croix-en-ternois

Dave-Ellen

Anyone interested in renting this track for a day ?

Its located 2 hrs or so from Calais.

looking at 2100 euro for a weekday in April..........

What people say about it

Folembray

Folembray

France

Length: 1.2 miles

Just a couple of hours (less if you're being enthusiastic) from Calais, Folembray is one of those many small unlicensed tracks that seem to be scattered around France. Don't let the term unlicensed put you off, it just means that no racing takes place there. That's actually quite a good thing because there's no spectator protecting barriers to biff your car should you fall off.

But we digress. As circuits go Folembray is bordering on bijou, but that's not to say that it is without its challenges as it climbs gradually before falling back again. There is heavy braking to be done at each end, but other than that it is quite fast.

Magic moment

The second half of the lap sees the track in descend mode. The downhill chicane, then, is quite exciting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks even better.............

shall I see what they charge ?

Dave

Price for April on a shared day is £70 which is pretty good.

If they did exclusive day for same price as the other one & we could get 15 of us then it would work ut to approx £100 each which is a great price for a day of play :D & I could take Poggy to his country of birth too :whistling:

Dave

If they did exclusive day for same price as the other one & we could get 15 of us then it would work ut to approx £100 each which is a great price for a day of play :D & I could take Poggy to his country of birth too :whistling:

Have emailed them...........

You do realise if you are faster than any of us men you may be lost overboard on the way back :whistling:

Dave

Have emailed them...........

You do realise if you are faster than any of us men you may be lost overboard on the way back :whistling:

Hehe better pack my life jacket then :P :lol:

The other circuit found by Lee is 2300 euros for a day.

Lee's circuit is a proper race track.

Place I found is not so there is no Armco to hit........

I prefer Lee's place...........

Price has some extras which I'm looking at

ambulance ??

Fire engine ??

I'm more interested in the facilities..........food etc

Moving forward whichever one we decide on we need to consider numbers.

More people on the track = less cost per car BUT can be too crowded.

Way round that is to have 2 sections with 1/2 hour slots for each

Any ideas ??

Nice work Dave :)

Tbh, if the track is only open to LOC then i'm sure we could sort ourselves out as to who goes out when. Its when there are other clubs there that it can get awfully difficult to find a space.

As Janey said if 15 people are interested it'll be €153ea, which will work out about £100. Which for the experience is nothing.

EDIT: Must post quicker :)

OK

can a mod change title to Lees place ???

Next thing is when ?

For it to happen I need people to commit but paying the full amount. I'll have to pay the 2300 euros as prolex to the circuit.

I'd suggest a Friday so some people could make a weekend of it.

May ?

or March..........

Shall we go for 15 then ?

if we don't get enough I'll contact the MR2 Roadster club and LOC who i deal withy and are by & large decent people

Me Please :D yer MR2 people are nice, see one today, after he dropped car off with Steve for turbo to be fitted :D took him + his wife to the airport :D

should be a nice conversion..........PE turbo kit with a few extras :whistling:

Yeah, think 15 is a decent number, could probably push to 20 but definatly no more :)

We got the ring end of March so I think May would be good, but as it goes at the minute i'm easy for dates next year, so if anyone has any preferences then i'll go with that :)

Me Please :D yer MR2 people are nice, see one today, after he dropped car off with Steve for turbo to be fitted :D took him + his wife to the airport :D

Few extras :o you should of see all the box's he had :shutit:

Yeah, think 15 is a decent number, could probably push to 20 but definatly no more :)

We got the ring end of March so I think May would be good, but as it goes at the minute i'm easy for dates next year, so if anyone has any preferences then i'll go with that :)

May sounds good for me

Few extras :o you should of see all the box's he had :shutit:

3 more left today...........intercooler -- TRD LFW -- 2.5" intercooler piping :whistling:

Dave is this a post regarding a track day ....or about parts for an mr2 :unsure:

blame gordon :whistling:

so offer up 15/20 places ?

offer as many places as you want ......as long as one is for me :)

and May sounds good