Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Warning Light On , With Flashing Trc Light - Help

Hello,

need help.

Driving home tonight, after a few foot to the floor revs, the engine warning light came on the dashboard followed by the TRC light flashing on/off.

I didnt hvae the TRC off at the time.

Please help, I'm afraid to drive it to work tomorrow in case I do some serious damage.

Marco

Find a local garage that can read OBD2 codes or your local lex dealer.....some places will make a small charge. Unless you know someone with an OBD2 reader.

Only takes a few minutes to pull the codes.....garage should then be able to give you some indication of whats wrong and whether its safe to continue driving.

Also post the codes on here and I'm sure someone will be able to help you with an indication as to what the prob may be.

I stand to be corrected but I think the engine mgmt light will flash if the ECU believes you could be doing serious damage - plus car tends to go into limp home mode (only low revs possible and something like 40mph max speed)...you noticed any difference in performance?

Until you get it checked out as a precaution I'd just take it easy on the revs :)

Let us know how you get on....

Find a local garage that can read OBD2 codes or your local lex dealer.....some places will make a small charge. Unless you know someone with an OBD2 reader.

Only takes a few minutes to pull the codes.....garage should then be able to give you some indication of whats wrong and whether its safe to continue driving.

Also post the codes on here and I'm sure someone will be able to help you with an indication as to what the prob may be.

I stand to be corrected but I think the engine mgmt light will flash if the ECU believes you could be doing serious damage - plus car tends to go into limp home mode (only low revs possible and something like 40mph max speed)...you noticed any difference in performance?

Until you get it checked out as a precaution I'd just take it easy on the revs :)

Let us know how you get on....

cheers guys, the cars performance hasnt been affected. So I'll takr it easy until I get the codes back and I will post them on here.

mine does it when I hit the rev limitter, it does not affect the car has I have a F-CON to manage everything but the corresponding error code is one of these

P1300 Igniter Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Or No. 1)

P1305 Igniter Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Or No. 2)

P1310 Igniter Circuit Malfunction (No. 3)

P1315 Igniter Circuit Malfunction (No. 4)

P1320 Igniter Circuit Malfunction (No. 5)

P1325 Igniter Circuit Malfunction (No. 6)

P1330 Igniter Circuit Malfunction (No. 7)

Which would mean a Coilpack as Gord said

mine does it when I hit the rev limitter, it does not affect the car has I have a F-CON to manage everything but the corresponding error code is one of these

So do i need to replace it? would i have to go to Lexus to do it or is it a standard mech job?

So do i need to replace it? would i have to go to Lexus to do it or is it a standard mech job?

You can do yourself, not hard to do the job, 1st you must find the code :D

P1349/59- VVT system malfunction (Bank 1).

Possible areas to check: valve timing, oil control valve (OCV), VVT controller assembly or Engine ECU.

I don't know how to fix this problem...but have you had your timing belt changed recently? I'm asking this coz the timing maybe out?

Possible areas to check: valve timing, oil control valve (OCV), VVT controller assembly or Engine ECU.

I don't know how to fix this problem...but have you had your timing belt changed recently? I'm asking this coz the timing maybe out?

*****!

Sounds expensive, but I havent changed the timing belt, what should I look out for? or should I leave in to a garage?

*****!

Sounds expensive, but I havent changed the timing belt, what should I look out for? or should I leave in to a garage?

The garage that did the diagnostic check- didn't they tell you what the problem might be? Someone else might know how to fix the problem, sit tight....

*****!

The garage that did the diagnostic check- didn't they tell you what the problem might be? Someone else might know how to fix the problem, sit tight....

They said its a specific toyota/lexus prob, their machine couldnt give any more details other than the code.

I'm trying to stay away from the dealer as It costs a fortune just to look at it.

Theres only 71,000 miles on the car, surely a belt change should be at 100,000.

If theres no other way then I'll just have to suck it and see.

Found this in a Toyota repair manual;

DTC P1349 is also output after a foreign object is caught

in some part of the system in the engine oil and the system re-turns

to normal in a short time. As ECM controls so that foreign

objects are ejected, there is no problem about VVT. There is

also no problem since the oil filter should get the foreign object

in the engine oil.

Loads of other tests to do in the manual (far too technical for me :)) but could be as simple as above....

Did the garage reset your ECU light and has it returned?

Found this in a Toyota repair manual;

DTC P1349 is also output after a foreign object is caught

in some part of the system in the engine oil and the system re-turns

to normal in a short time. As ECM controls so that foreign

objects are ejected, there is no problem about VVT. There is

also no problem since the oil filter should get the foreign object

in the engine oil.

Loads of other tests to do in the manual (far too technical for me :)) but could be as simple as above....

Did the garage reset your ECU light and has it returned?

Yea mate they reset it and lo and behold its returned.

Do you think its a major inspection job?

Our survey says...........

New timing belt and tensioner.

So we get warning light to tell us to change the cam belt and tensioner :question:

Thats a new one on me, other than the belt stretching that far as to affect the timing, making the light come on ?

Got timimg belt replaced and new tensioner at local garage.

driving home.........................F**KING WARNING LIGHTS BACK ON!!!!!!!! :tsktsk:

If lexus cant diagnose it properly anyone in Northern Ireland know anyone who can????

• 1 month later...

Had the same problem and was told by Lexus (Southampton) that they had never had that particular fault code before. It possibly COULD be incorrect valve timing as a new timing belt had been fitted just before I bought the car. Wanted to charge me approx 200 quid to check it out.

Contacted Lexus (Reading) from where the car originated from and they said it was the oil control valve(part number L15330-70010) and cost me 81.73 plus vat.

They told me that the best course of action was to add engine flush to clean engine, drain oil, renew filter and refill. Fit new oil control valve, get the warning lights turned off and that should do the trick.

Did all that was told to do and low and behold...........IT WORKED.

Am now avery happy chappy

Had the same problem and was told by Lexus (Southampton) that they had never had that particular fault code before. It possibly COULD be incorrect valve timing as a new timing belt had been fitted just before I bought the car. Wanted to charge me approx 200 quid to check it out.

Contacted Lexus (Reading) from where the car originated from and they said it was the oil control valve(part number L15330-70010) and cost me 81.73 plus vat.

They told me that the best course of action was to add engine flush to clean engine, drain oil, renew filter and refill. Fit new oil control valve, get the warning lights turned off and that should do the trick.

Did all that was told to do and low and behold...........IT WORKED.

Am now avery happy chappy

Crikey mate thats some forum recall you did, and just in time too!

I am at a complete loss with it. I would like to try your solution. Did you do it yourself? is it a tough job?

The job is dead easy to do. The oil filter was the most difficult to change as I only had the car up on axle stands and access to it was difficult.

The oil control valve is held on with one 6mm bolt and is situated at the front of the LH side of the engine as you are stood looking under the bonnet.

Undo a couple of the bolts that hold the plastic cover that surrounds the oil filler cap, lift it up slightly and you will see the valve sticking out of the side. It really is a piece of wee wee to do.

The valve itself is a sealed unit and so it cant be stripped and cleaned, that is why the Reading dealer told me to flush the engine first, then renew the filter and the vavle.

I had my light turned off a few times without doing anything apart from attempting to clean the valve and resetting the ECU, and the blighters kept coming back on. Have done about 500 miles in her since the flush and renewal etc, with varying degrees of driving standards and it is now perfect.

Hope all this makes sense, best of luck with it.

Let me know how you get on

Have a good Xmas

Nick

• 1 month later...