Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing

:crying: Just got a quote for 40k service which includes cam-belt change from Lexus @Edgware.

£845

this seems extortionate for a is200 2001 sport you think they would try to entice you back with cheaper servicing now the new model has been around a while.

ring around other dealers for a price, but also sign up for gold membership, if this is the best you can achieve you'll get 15% off that, so well worth the £25 membership fee to save over £120.

Is it right to need cam belt changed at 40k? seems a bit too soon. My 40k service on my 2002 IS300 last year was only £300 but no cam belt was required.

:crying: Just got a quote for 40k service which includes cam-belt change from Lexus @Edgware.

£845

this seems extortionate for a is200 2001 sport you think they would try to entice you back with cheaper servicing now the new model has been around a while.

I'm positive it is 60,000 miles for the belt, have you just chosen to get the cambelt done or are they telling you it should be done?

If so, that maybe suggests taking it somewhere else mate.

Nev

£845

I'm positive it is 60,000 miles for the belt, have you just chosen to get the cambelt done or are they telling you it should be done?

If so, that maybe suggests taking it somewhere else mate.

Nev

I am sure or IS200's cam belts are 100k

or every 6 years.

so they could be going on the 6 year time frame.

Lexus Bristol have quoted £333 for the timing belt to be changed and £357 for major service (80,000) this week - so there not far off. Ring around local good rep garages for a service. The cam belt wont need doing on your car until 60,000 miles or 6 years whatever comes first.

Lexus Bristol have quoted £333 for the timing belt to be changed and £357 for major service (80,000) this week - so there not far off. Ring around local good rep garages for a service. The cam belt wont need doing on your car until 60,000 miles or 6 years whatever comes first.

Its every 100k or 6 years

I know it says 100,000 miles or 6 years in the vehicle service book but I think you'll find from previous posts on the subject that Lexus now recommend changing the cam belt at 60,000 miles or 6 years, whichever comes first

mishman, might be worth contacting JEM who are just up the road from you ....they might be cheaper than Lexus for a timing belt change

I know it says 100,000 miles or 6 years in the vehicle service book but I think you'll find from previous posts on the subject that Lexus now recommend changing the cam belt at 60,000 miles or 6 years, whichever comes first

mishman, might be worth contacting JEM who are just up the road from you ....they might be cheaper than Lexus for a timing belt change

Called them this morning around £390 cambelt + oil service. Thanks for the tip car going in next week see how it goes.

Called them this morning around £390 cambelt + oil service. Thanks for the tip car going in next week see how it goes.

No probs, do let us know how you get on..... thinking of using them myself for servicing instead of paying Lexus prices. Wonder if they might do a discount for Gold members??

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get your cambelt and oil service done ok mishman? Would be interested in your thoughts of JEM and whether you'd recommend them?

Did you get your cambelt and oil service done ok mishman? Would be interested in your thoughts of JEM and whether you'd recommend them?

Had the above work carried out needed a few extras done coolant, tensioner + additional belts. Unfortunately my offside caliper was also siezed this added on another £370. Work was done well, can`t be certain my caliper was siezed as I brought it back home. Otherwise the service would be around £520 + caliper = £890. Still cheaper than Lexus I guess. Was given a YAris courtesy car for 2 days quite pleasant.

What about for an IS300 ? :blink:

Mines not been done yet, and it's had a 60k service (3 and a half years old now).

IS300, guess your best bet is to call JEM and ask for a quote....

mishman, thanks for the info about your service. Just wondering why the job took 2 days, did they have to get in the parts or something?

I just got quoted £177.50 to have the timing belt done by toyota dealership, my car gets serviced at my local garage but he recommended I take it to a lexus or toyota dealer for the timing belt. I think he was too scared to ruin my baby :)

I just got quoted £177.50 to have the timing belt done by toyota dealership, my car gets serviced at my local garage but he recommended I take it to a lexus or toyota dealer for the timing belt. I think he was too scared to ruin my baby :)

I've been in touch with JEM. I hadn't heard of them before this post!

I've a 51 plate IS200 Sport which needs 90k service and I've asked for cambelt (timing belt) change and gearbox oil change. I've been quoted £129.99 for service, £249.99 for belt change, £66.18 for belt tensioner, £56.42 for timing belt idler pulley (if required) and £80 for gearbox oil change.

Does this sound acceptable as I have no idea? Timing belt seems alot more than the other post quoting £177 at Toyota!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links