Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a GS but -mine's in the boot - right hand side under the carpet.....might wanna try there unless someone with a new IS can confirm where

Guessing yours will be DVD based too given its age...

Pretty sure it's in the dash on the IS250, look in the manual it tells you how to remove it. Also I would think you get the version from the display ( may need to get into the hidden menu ).

Ign On

Hold down "Info" button

Toggle from Headlights off to Parking and back 3 times

Let go of info button

Pretty sure it's in the dash on the IS250, look in the manual it tells you how to remove it. Also I would think you get the version from the display ( may need to get into the hidden menu ).

Ign On

Hold down "Info" button

Let go of info button

Interesting, I'll give it a go... What else is accessed from this hidden menu?

Ign On

Hold down "Info" button

Let go of info button

Unfortunately, the part info required is not given from the menus. You have to remove the disc. It's quite simple though.

Ign On

Hold down "Info" button

Let go of info button

Unfortunately, the part info required is not given from the menus. You have to remove the disc. It's quite simple though.

The disc is behind the clock

You have to remove the clock binacle using 2 small special tools in the inner spine of the toolkit. They look like dentist jabs...if you know what I mean, but smaller!!

Anyway, I can't get the clock out on mine. The tools are well fiddly. The dealer has a bracketed tool to remove the clock - takes 5 seconds....

Ign On

Hold down "Info" button

Let go of info button

The disc is behind the clock

You have to remove the clock binacle using 2 small special tools in the inner spine of the toolkit. They look like dentist jabs...if you know what I mean, but smaller!!

Anyway, I can't get the clock out on mine. The tools are well fiddly. The dealer has a bracketed tool to remove the clock - takes 5 seconds....

Mine came out pretty easily. You need to give the tools a firm push with your thumb as they depress the retaining clips of the clock binnacle. Once you've done that, you need to insert a wide flat blade screwdriver into the notch located on the underside of the hazard flasher button and pull. (I actually gave it a helping hand by pulling the screwdriver with my left hand and the tool on the right side of the binnacle with my right hand).

Why on earth make it that awkward to get at? Can understand why you could keep costs down by not having to run to a separate box in the boot - but why not just an eject button like on a standard CD player?

A suspicious person may think they only want you to go to the dealers for any upgrade :whistling:

• 1 month later...

Contacted the local dealer before Christmas about mine. Currently have the 2004/05 version in the car (can check via the main menu for the date of the DVD in the car). Thay have a 2007/08 update DVD for £120 (inc VAT) and they would put it in (IS300 has the device in the boot by the spare wheel). There are quite a few new roads around where I live and they said that if it didn't have these new roads I could have my money back if I wasn't happy with the coverage. Worth a try and still cheaper than a Tomtom.

• 4 weeks later...
ya think mines 2005 based for the is250..but need to know if there is a easier way of finding the dvd part number so i can check what dvd to get..like on the http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu site...?

I have just took delivery of the 2008 Lexus IS250 sat nav DVD rom update discs. You get 4! You have to remove the old one to get the part numbers then cross reference it and off you go. I always get the update discs so are familiar with ordering etc. Takes 5 days and arrives via Fedex. I sold the original Lexus 2006 / 2007 disc on eBay for a measly £28.00. Someone got a bargain.

Easy to remove if you know how / be VERY careful. Lexus did mine for free to get the information of the disc as there is NO other way of obtaining the disc information without physically ejecting it and taking note of part AND version numbers. I then did it myself when the new ones arrived. Must admit on this particular occasion i don't like the fact that you receive 4 discs in a double twin case. All original of course.

Just thought i would share the above as it may be of use to someone as i ALWAYS buy updates for my Lexus cars.

ya think mines 2005 based for the is250..but need to know if there is a easier way of finding the dvd part number so i can check what dvd to get..like on the http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu site...?

I have just took delivery of the 2008 Lexus IS250 sat nav DVD rom update discs. You get 4! You have to remove the old one to get the part numbers then cross reference it and off you go. I always get the update discs so are familiar with ordering etc. Takes 5 days and arrives via Fedex. I sold the original Lexus 2006 / 2007 disc on eBay for a measly £28.00. Someone got a bargain.

Easy to remove if you know how / be VERY careful. Lexus did mine for free to get the information of the disc as there is NO other way of obtaining the disc information without physically ejecting it and taking note of part AND version numbers. I then did it myself when the new ones arrived. Must admit on this particular occasion i don't like the fact that you receive 4 discs in a double twin case. All original of course.

Just thought i would share the above as it may be of use to someone as i ALWAYS buy updates for my Lexus cars.

the 4 discs..does one of them contain all of UK and some of eu (as does the disc in the 05dvd model) and if u want more detail u put one of the other ones?

the 4 discs..does one of them contain all of UK and some of eu (as does the disc in the 05dvd model) and if u want more detail u put one of the other ones?

I don't like the fact that you get 4 discs. Its stupid in my opinion. U.K is covered on all of them but on 1 it is in detail. You receive North, East, West and Central. It doesn't tell you which 1 to use you have to either know or trial and error. With respect to the full postcode bit (fjle) i haven't tried it as yet but will have a look for you tomorrow and advise accordingly.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone know what the latest version is of the Sat Nav......im looking to get an updated version and wondering if it was available and if so what price??

Look forward to all replies!

Have 2005/2006 version. Lexus-mapupdates quote when converted to euros at todays price came out at £118 sterling plus the agro of fitting yourself. Lexus Cambridge has just quoted me £120 fitted so for £2 will let them do the work. More inportant they are advising to hang on & are taking names to advise on delivery of latest version.

Anyone know what the latest version is of the Sat Nav......im looking to get an updated version and wondering if it was available and if so what price??

Have 2005/2006 version. Lexus-mapupdates quote when converted to euros at todays price came out at £118 sterling plus the agro of fitting yourself. Lexus Cambridge has just quoted me £120 fitted so for £2 will let them do the work. More inportant they are advising to hang on & are taking names to advise on delivery of latest version.

for a 2008-2009 version?

for a 2008-2009 version?

Sorry, didn't ask, should have. Assumed by the answer the new version on the way would be 2008. Now you got me wondering. Lets hope this version does full post code as even the most basic sat navs now come fitted.

• 2 weeks later...

i have the 2007-2008 which i just bought here in london lexus with tax 147 pounds it has 4 dvd inside and you just have to load which country part . so far with uk including some parts of france etc the disc ived used is west side...apparently its good since the last one i had was 2001 ver 1

Not worth the update ...the mapping on the latest ones are dated may/june 06 the previos one disc mapping was dated end 05.extra POI etc but I prefer the one disc previous mapping.Absolutely no full postcode search only first digits.Save your money and wait a few years or you can buy my new one!!

PS search my posts on this subject

Not worth the update ...the mapping on the latest ones are dated may/june 06 the previos one disc mapping was dated end 05.extra POI etc but I prefer the one disc previous mapping.Absolutely no full postcode search only first digits.Save your money and wait a few years or you can buy my new one!!

PS search my posts on this subject

Anyone managed to add Traffic Camera updates, I have latest 2007-2008 disk and very poor in my opinion. No 3d view, no speed indicator, and they have the cheek to call it a top GPS? at least you can add traffic camera's updates to the BMW 3 series and also backup your DVD in case of damage. I am becoming a bit despondent and maybe should have bought the BM 330i instead.

On a car with all these features and a supposed good GPS and one still needs to put a Garmin on the dash. Great Pity!

Maybe the Japanese car industry have not heard of traffic cameras, most drivers I know don't get GPS's in cars just to tell them where to go, most want them for speed camera location warning. Some GPS DVD's you can edit and insert downloaded trafic camera info as POI's with alarm warning others can be loaded into the GPS's internal memory from a DVD, CD or Memory stick.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links